Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2005 SRT-4

Go down 
+4
91foxbody
MotownG5
weaveleftnright
Stitch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stitch
Stitch

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I purchased my SRT-4 during my '04 OIF II tour through the Exchange Auto Sales program and immediately began ripping it apart and prepping it for some heavy AutoX and HPDE use.

Here's a quick run down:

292HP/334TQ @ The Wheels ( 26PSI) - Tuned by RealTune Performance
Mopar Stage II PCM
Mopar Stage II Injectors
Mopar 3 Bar MAP, 2 Bar MAF
AGP WGA ( modified )
RealTune Head modification ( ...ssshhh... )
RealTune FPR & Fuel Return Kit
DTEC EBC
CCA FMIC
MAXXFab 3" SS Side Dump Exhaust
TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Custom Spring Rates
SS Brake Lines
Upgraded bushings and mounts
35% STS
5Zigen 17x8 FN01R Wheels w/ Potenza RE01 235's

I won't bore you with details about how every vacuum line has been rerun, fenders rolled to fit wider tires, corner balancing, and boost-by-gear, but I will tell you that all of the non-shiny things that usually get overlooked, because they don't come with a sticker or are easily noticed on the street, have been sweated over.

She's not expensive, she's not gonna win any beauty pageants, but she will make passengers on back roads pee their pants and GT Fan Boys sweat on the Highway. She's my Spoil-of-War, and my weekend track warrior, and still one of the ( if not THE ) funnest cars I've ever driven or owned.

Enough typing. Reading is dumb. Look at some pictures.

Here's my Dad picking her up in Monroeville, PA. I was still in Iraq, so I would have been kinda hard for me...

I wasted no time in tearing apart perfectly good factory parts and replacing them with better ones, made by the most skilled and anally-retentive primates the automotive world has to offer ( ...as far as Neons go... ).

Motor Mounts & Brakes Lines

Turbo Timer, Fuel Controller, Shift & Knock Light

Now before some idiot makes some dumb "that doesn't look safe at all" comment about my crash bar, I'll just let the less informed ponder suspension geometry and dynamics with 2 free-floating front rails... Have fun!

Now what's he doing...?

Stock vacuum line design and quality leaves something to be desired...

Back together with new suspension and wheels on ( at the time, Tenzo Drivex 7's, 18x8). Bushings were also burned out, scraped and repressed. New Exhaust also added with 3" DP.

Eyelids actually help block the HID conversion from blinding people in the mirror. Don't like the CF look, but I'll fix that later.

Lightly tinted the taillights and 3rd brake light. Also shaved the rear badges & keyhole and filled in the spoiler holes in the deck of the trunk.

Didn't like way the steering felt, due to excess scrub radius caused from the offset of the Tenzo's, so...

I finally got in my FN01R's ( that I had been waiting a year and a half for ). They're built with perfect dimensions to match my setup, so steering was back to being crisp and balanced. 5Zigen told me that they only made 16 wheels in the black & polished color combo in that configuration, so if I bend one, just start crying.

The black one with the grey stripes beside mine, runs 9 sec QTR mile times, and holds the SRT World Record for a 5 speed tranny. "ERabbit23" YouTube it.

See that pretty little bottom lip up front? Turns out parking garages hate them. I guess civil engineers only drive jacked up trucks. So I broke it. So I fixed it. That's right. This boy can fiberglass too. ...but I can't find any 'before' broken pics. Sorry for that... Dupli-color. Cause I'm a classy guy!

Enough pictures of shiny shit. Time to get real, and waste some high octane and tourture some soft-compound rubber through copious amounts of barometric pressure and torque!

Everyone know that the fastest way through a corner is on 3 wheels...

Hope you enjoyed. Just one of my toys...

EAD Racing loves your Mom. Tell her we said hello.

Boo-YA!!!
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Quote :
Just one of my toys...

Love it! BigSmile Great write up Jesse! .

It is fall now, and that means autocross, just sayin'. I even had the opportunity to drive this gem, it was a treat!
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 pm

love it man... always been an srt4 fan myself.. glad to have you on the site man
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 pm

thats a pretty sweet build. good looking car too
Back to top Go down
Bloodshot-e30

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 am

I wish I had that kind of intercooler room :( lol
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Stitch

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks for the nice comments guys. It's been an on-going project that I always enjoy working on.

I'm looking forward to getting it out to some fall events.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:24 pm

that car is sick... nice write up...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Stitch
Stitch

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:06 am

Thanks WrightHeight.

Here's a video from 2006 from when I had it tuned. Remember kids: 2006. God didn't invent fancy video phones back then, so those crazy moving picture shows were a big deal...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Nice... A good friend of mine has a DCR car.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Stitch

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm

jolly roger wrote:

What Cox parts does he have, and where did he have it built?
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Stitch wrote:
jolly roger wrote:

What Cox parts does he have, and where did he have it built?

I guess all. And he had it built at DCR.. His car is black..
Back to top Go down
r/tguy02
r/tguy02

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:33 pm

welcome fellow neon owner :) Looks great man, lots of hard work went into it i can tell.
Back to top Go down
http://neontuners.com
Sponsored content

2005 SRT-4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2005 SRT-4   2005 SRT-4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2005 SRT-4
Page 1 of 1