Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TheWrightCamaro Build Page

Go down 
+6
PyroGirl92
D-Rod
jolly roger
91foxbody
Blacked Out
WrightHeight
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR

TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 am

Rhodehever will do it but Sam is a LS guy and Ive never felt more comfortable leaving my car with anyone. He has my car right now actually. He called me tonight and I asked him if he would be interested in doing your car and he definitly is. He can do the tuning on it but honestly I would get Brian Herter to come and do a street tune or send an email tune.

You would make huge power with a blower but your car is straight american muscle that doesnt need F/I to be fast.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 am

now i've heard the name brian herter... and if sam is an LS guy i'd rather him work on it b/c of the more experience working on them... were are they located...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:51 am

Mt. Pleasant, PA. Its about 45 min from Motown.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:10 am

I was kinda hoping to get Matt at the Flashlight Drags! I would have run him! I think it would be a close run.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am

That would be a fun one to watch.
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 am

Brian Herter lives in Indiana Pa...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:54 pm

thewrightcamaro wrote:
after looking up stuff im def. going to leave the afm... texas speed has 3 that work with it and i'm thinking about going with the AFM2 when i'm ready to buy... seems like a good deal... and they also have a set of long tubes that are very affordable... now i wan't impressed with their prices on their cold air intakes...

I left you a voicemail today but I'll post it on here incase you didnt get it. I talked to Sam when I picked up my car and asked him how much he would charge to do your car so you had an idea. First question he asked of course was if you were deleting the AFM. I told him that you wanted a AFM freindly cam so you didnt have to replace the lifters and stuff. He stongly advised against keeping it unless you drive alot of highway miles daily and want to keep the fuel savings. I told him its more of a show car than anything and he asked me to give you his number before you decide. Be prepared to be on the phone for a while if you call. He is the most knowlegeable LS guy I know and is really good at explaining stuff and being patient with dumb a$$'s like me that ask 1,000 questions.

Anyways, he said $300 to do the cam and another $250 if you want the lifters removed since he will have to remove the heads to get them. That is CHEAP labor and I promise you wont find anyone that cares about your car more. Hell he cares about my car more than I do. lol When I dropped it off I got caught in the rain and he almost had a heartattack. So when I picked the car up, the car was spotless. Then I open the hood and he freaking detailed my engine bay!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:01 am

yeah i got your voicemail and text... thanks for looking into it... i'll give him a call sometime soon... the only reason i wanted to keep afm i thought i'd have to replace the heads not just take them out... i didn't wanna put a lot of money into that... i'd still like to keep afm b/c my wife does drive it to work and it's highway miles and she gets about 24 mpg combined city and highway and i have a feeling it'll drop down to 20mpg which still wouldn't be bad but i know the wife would complain... i'll give him a call and see what's up though... thanks again man...
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:04 pm

okay dave this is what i've came up with so far...

409 TSP 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers

TSP L99 AFM/VVT Camshaft Package

Rotofab 2010 + Camaro SS Air Induction (this one because of appearance then performance)

= approx... 415RWHP on a mustang dyno...

I was wandering if Sam would do the cam install and the header install and was seeing if he would do the tune as well... and if he would do the tune if I would need to get him any kind of information? I know it's best to ask him but don't wanna bother him on a weekend... will call him tomorrow afternoon

as of right now the price i'm looking at without knowing how much the lt-install and tune will cost I am right at $2300 so should stay under $3000 I would think... w/ the dod/vvt delete I would be about $1000 more for about 15-20hp
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:19 pm

dave this is one statement from TSP that i found on the camaro5 forum...

2. AFM is another item everyone is constantly discussing. The AFM lifters are a very limiting component on the L99 engine. These lifters realistically only want to go about .500" lift before the guys at Comp Cams have started seeing failures. The AFM friendly lifters require considerably less aggressive lobes to live more than just a few thousand miles. As a result we will offer AFM/VVT specific camshafts that will keep your AFM lifters happy & still gain a good bit of power.

By swapping out the AFM lifters and going to a more aggressive lobe we were able to get a solid increase in both hp & torque over the entire pull! These VVT only camshafts will require lifters to replace the AFM lifters currently in half of the cylinders.

We will be offering both VVT/AFM camshafts & camshafts for guys wanting to remove AFM. The removal of AFM will solidly gain 15hp thanks to the more aggressive lobes we can use when the AFM lifters are thrown out.

Here's the chassis dyno from the AFM-2 camshaft being installed in my 2010 L99. This is before & after.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1197x651 and weights 156KB.

^^^ this gained 60rwhp and the vvt equivalent to this one increased at 80RWHP

don't know about the RPM gains and surging... i've been talking to the guys a TSP and they've been going over a lot... they did ask if I was going to change my converter...
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:43 pm

didn't think about the 3200 stall or anything like that... think im going to go stock for now and save the money up, b/c i wanna get it all at one time and get it installed can't stand having something laying around not being able to put it on... TSP hasn't gotten back to me yet but i'm offically putting this thread on hold... I still wanna call Sam to talk to him about the car but other than that I think I'm done b/c I need about 4-5g's depending on what cam i do decide to do...

why does everything have to be so expensive... i mean if i had to drop 5g's to get 100hp then i should throw a blower on it and call it a day- lol...
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:58 pm

why does everything have to be so expensive... i mean if i had to drop 5g's to get 100hp then i should throw a blower on it and call it a day- lol...[/quote]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] thats alot of money Matt.. mighty as well go with the supercharger thats what i would do for just 100 HP .. Now if you was going to gain 2 or 300 well i would say go for it
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 pm

thewrightcamaro wrote:
didn't think about the 3200 stall or anything like that... think im going to go stock for now and save the money up, b/c i wanna get it all at one time and get it installed can't stand having something laying around not being able to put it on... TSP hasn't gotten back to me yet but i'm offically putting this thread on hold... I still wanna call Sam to talk to him about the car but other than that I think I'm done b/c I need about 4-5g's depending on what cam i do decide to do...
why does everything have to be so expensive... i mean if i had to drop 5g's to get 100hp then i should throw a blower on it and call it a day- lol...

Yea I never thought of a stall either. Sam should be able to tell you exaclty what you need. You would have had fun at the track today. You and linsbeck would have been a good one to watch.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Here is another thread where Jason from TSP is talking about this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Matt i haven't forgot about you buddy.. I'll send you some info tonight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheWrightCamaro Build Page   TheWrightCamaro Build Page - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TheWrightCamaro Build Page
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2