Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Z06 Build thread

Go down 
+8
Gixxer
91foxbody
jolly roger
wvtrap
MotownG5
WrightHeight
Blacked Out
D-Rod
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR

Z06 Build thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:13 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Once you start its hard to stop. I keep saying I'm done but it never ends. Its becoming a money pit so I gotta stop.

Not sure how well your heads flow but headers/cam/intake/tune should wake it up nice. It will be the best $4K you will spend on the car.

yeah that's what i've been thinking i want to do... gonna wait a bit before it gets done- i do want to get my body kit and wheels first then start in with the other stuff... probably not waiting till warranty is out though... :wink6:
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:15 pm

You have a SS camaro!!!!! Go then Show. :cuckoo: :llooll:
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:14 pm

D-Rod wrote:
You have a SS camaro!!!!! Go then Show. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

nah not my style...- well i don't really have a style, but appearance is all i know right now... but im done hijacking your thread people keep opening it up thinking they are going to see a 1000hp corvette by now and they see us talking about my slow camaro.....lol

my vanity plate is going to read ridnslow
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:20 pm

So my clutch is done and dynotune is done.

Right now my clutch sucks. Its chatters really bad (grabby on release and makes the car surge bad until its fully engaged). I think it will get better as it gets broken in.

The car put down 528RWHP and 467TQ on a dynojet dyno. They tend to read a little higher than mustang dynos so I dont think I picked up much HP from the tune. The main reason I got the dynotune was to help with the surging of my cam. Well it didnt help that much at all either. :(

It was kinda a sucky weekend that cost me ALOT of money.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Bummmer. Hope things get better for ya. one the other hand you car looked cool on the dyno.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
wv_wagon

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm not sure if you would ever want to make a trip but if you visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there is a guy in Kentucky that is known as a VERY good tuner with HP Tuners on all the F-Bod's and Vette's in Ky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamhardyboys.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 pm

wv_wagon wrote:
I'm not sure if you would ever want to make a trip but if you visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there is a guy in Kentucky that is known as a VERY good tuner with HP Tuners on all the F-Bod's and Vette's in Ky.

Formatto is supposed to be the cream of the crop for GM tuning. Thats why I drove so far to get tuned. When I bought my cam, TSP told me it was a mild cam and would drive just like stock. I didnt know much about cam specs so I believed them. Well the cam is much more aggesive than I though. Formatto said there is no way a cam that big will not take away some drivability.

The clutch bothers me 10 times more than the cam surging. If it doesnt smooth out I dont think I can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Sorry to hear about your problems buddy. :10:
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 am

wv_wagon wrote:

Your talking about blue cat.
Back to top Go down
wv_wagon

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 am

jolly roger wrote:
wv_wagon wrote:

Your talking about blue cat.

Yes, I've always heard people in the LS crowd say good things about his tuning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamhardyboys.com
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Dave you work today? If so i'll give you a holler when i get in.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:03 pm

jolly roger wrote:
Dave you work today? If so i'll give you a holler when i get in.

No Im out today.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:08 am

Well I thought I was done modding the car......

Linsbeck and some others said I am puttin out some black smoke when I start the car and get on it and I have noticed my oil level dropping. I am guessing its the valve seals so I have some new ones on the way. So I figured I might as well put a ported intake mani while I am at it. Ok now I am done modding. lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 am

LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Ported intake mani came today and the 160 thermostat is on its way.

I made my own mild to wild switch today. $10 and 15 min later I can control my exhaust by flicking a switch. Sure beats the $100 I would have spent if I bought a mild to wild from a shop.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 am

I got a KILLER deal on a set of ported heads and another set of wheels/tires today!!!!!!

I now have 14 wheels/tires for my car. lol I need to sell some stuff to you LS guys.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Thats alot of wheels.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:19 pm

I know. My car has more wheels than I do shoes. lol
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:41 pm

D-Rod wrote:

quote of the year...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:21 pm

thewrightcamaro wrote:
D-Rod wrote:

quote of the year...

Sam said he is ready for you to drop that car off. :)
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:31 am

So my mechanic calls me the other day and says, "Dude you are so lucky". Well when he pulled the heads off he saw the valve seals were all ate up and the valve guides had a ton of play in them. It was only a matter of time before I dropped a valve and blew my engine. This is due to a design flaw in the LS7 motor. In order to make a high HP car with alot of compression they used soduim valves. What they didnt bank on is sodium valves transfer heat up the valve stem and into the valve guides causeing them to wear. Alot of the LS7 crowd doesnt want to admit the problem but it has happened to enough vehicles that its pretty obvious something is wrong. So I am counting my lucky stars we caught it in time.

Anyways the car is done and ready for the strip!!!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 pm

D-Rod wrote:
So my mechanic calls me the other day and says, "Dude you are so lucky". Well when he pulled the heads off he saw the valve seals were all ate up and the valve guides had a ton of play in them. It was only a matter of time before I dropped a valve and blew my engine. This is due to a design flaw in the LS7 motor. In order to make a high HP car with alot of compression they used soduim valves. What they didnt bank on is sodium valves transfer heat up the valve stem and into the valve guides causeing them to wear. Alot of the LS7 crowd doesnt want to admit the problem but it has happened to enough vehicles that its pretty obvious something is wrong. So I am counting my lucky stars we caught it in time.

wow that is good news...
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 pm

thewrightcamaro wrote:
D-Rod wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wow that is good news...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 pm

What kind of twin disk did you buy?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Its an ACT.

Update: The car went 10.47 @ 135mph today on a bad 60'.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:43 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Its an ACT.

Update: The car went 10.47 @ 135mph today on a bad 60'.

Sounds great.. some guy wanted to know on the solstice forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Z06 Build thread   Z06 Build thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Z06 Build thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next