Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

skinners four door supra build thread

Go down 
+7
WrightHeight
wv_wagon
D-Rod
wvtrap
MotownG5
Blacked Out
Skinner
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skinner
Skinner

skinners four door supra build thread Empty
PostSubject: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:38 pm

hey yall.. so i ended up nit getting another subie and bought this...

the day i got it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dropped it down to see how it looked... still had 2 inches left on the threads of the coilovers. lol

2002 Lexus IS300
5SPD (only one registered in the state.)
megan racing coilovers
all stock for now :coool:
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Huh.. thats not a Supra?

Car looks good man. The heat getting to your in Charleston? Looks like a Lexus to me... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 pm

nope not a supra.. a lexus... but a toyota at heart none the less. do I see a 2jz swap in the future???? Maybe front and rear light conversions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 pm

BigWheel wrote:
Huh.. thats not a Supra?

Car looks good man. The heat getting to your in Charleston? Looks like a Lexus to me... lol

lol the lexus IS,GS,and SC 300 all have a 2JZGE motor which is a slightly higher compression NA version of the 2JZGTE twin turbo motor in the MKIV toyota supra...

throw in a lower compression supra bottom end and a big ass turbo and these cars are capable of 600+rwhp all for under 6k dollars (if done reliably)

there was also an NA verson of the MKIV supra that used this exact motor.., thats why people call it the four door supra.
Back to top Go down
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Last edited by scooby3.0r on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Back to top Go down
wvtrap
ADMIN/MODERATOR
wvtrap

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 pm

looks great...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Awesome! I love those cars. I forget what the color was called (Indigo Blue?), but a dealership had one years back in a 5-speed and I wanted it so bad but couldnt afford it.

I'm confused though.....I thought you bought the 3.0R? When does the build on the IS begin?
Back to top Go down
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:07 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Awesome! I love those cars. I forget what the color was called (Indigo Blue?), but a dealership had one years back in a 5-speed and I wanted it so bad but couldnt afford it.

I'm confused though.....I thought you bought the 3.0R? When does the build on the IS begin?
i had it on hold and got approved for the credit and everything, all i had to do was sign the papers, but, i want to buy a house and to do so i cant have a car payment. so i went and bought this from a friend of mine.

as far as the build goes, im gonna stance it and make it look good with the theme being "classy" im gonna do the interior in burburry and suede, and the outside is gonna be red and bronze. once i get back from my next deployment
(~march) im planning a supra bottom end, 60mm turbo, and Getrag 6 speed..
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Wanna change your name again?
Back to top Go down
wv_wagon

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:17 pm

I actually almost chose an IS over my WRX. Vision Boys videos makes anyone an IS lover. Such a nice sedan sleeper when modded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamhardyboys.com
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 pm

BigWheel wrote:
lol yes skinner would be nice lol thx!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 pm

I hope to see you guys that I havent met at the show on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Let me know what to change it too.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:28 pm

BigWheel wrote:
Let me know what to change it too.

He said to change it to "Skinner".
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Skinner wrote:
BigWheel wrote:
lol yes skinner would be nice lol thx!

its done.. .just remember to log in with it next time
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 pm

looks great and the drop looks sick....
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:33 am

got some wheels, tires need swapped to a smaller set. pics up later
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:17 pm

looks like a nice build, keep it up
Back to top Go down
DCox1123
DCox1123

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Great looking car!!
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:24 pm

looks good but where are the pics with the green wheels? Once you get the camber adjusted and the wheels painted bronze I think it will look real good!
Back to top Go down
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:53 am

Gixxer wrote:
looks good but where are the pics with the green wheels? Once you get the camber adjusted and the wheels painted bronze I think it will look real good!
Thx man, I've decided on a different style wheel now. I'm too picky lol. I'm going with the same fitment, just a 17" rim instead of an 18".
Back to top Go down
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:02 am

update!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Looks good! How much of a drop is that?

I think I like the "L" in the grill though
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Awesome man! Love it. Keep up the great work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skinners four door supra build thread   skinners four door supra build thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skinners four door supra build thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next