Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter care

Go down 
3 posters

Do you start it or let it sit?
Start it
Winter care I_vote_lcap38%Winter care I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Let it sit
Winter care I_vote_lcap62%Winter care I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Winter care Empty
PostSubject: Winter care   Winter care I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:47 pm

I know alot of people have different opinions of this but.....do you start your car thoughout the winter and let it run for a bit?

I dont because I have heard after a couple weeks of sitting, there is no oil film left on any parts and it is initially a "dry" start until the oil pump gets oil to everything.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Winter care Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter care   Winter care I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:06 pm

I don't because I have heard when you shut it off, condsation will take place on the parts as they cool and then rust the engine internals. Your better off fogging the engine like they do boats for the winter imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

Winter care Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter care   Winter care I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

i do start it up and try to move it if possible- i took the camaro out a couple nights ago- no road salt or anything on it good conditions- but i start it up at least once a week, but i let it run enough to make sure everything is circulating as it should
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Sponsored content

Winter care Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter care   Winter care I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter care
Page 1 of 1