Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter Time Projects??

Go down 
+10
carguy03
Alex98CVPI
D-Rod
WrightHeight
DarkFlame
91foxbody
2many2choose
Blacked Out
dlinsbeck
MotownG5
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

Winter Time Projects?? Empty
PostSubject: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:15 pm

At this point most people that show their DD's, they'll be taking the wheels off, along with the CF stuff... others will be storing their rides for the winter... what does everyone have planned for winter time projects on the cars? honestly most of mine won't happen till after tax time and the first of spring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Well for me.... mostly keeping it out of the guardrails during the winter!! Actually, may put a set of headers and x pipe or h pipe on the Stang. Other than that...no major plans......
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:33 pm

no plans. No money, = no reason to plan lol..
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Well,

The '86 needs put back together before Winter.
The '57 will be retrieved during thanksgiving break.
Foxrod will be getting a new tranny and probably gears.
The '95 Jeep will need some tranny and front suspension work before winter.
My F250 needs new fenders due to the ferric (hydro)oxide.
The '01 Diesel needs new front shocks.
And hopefully the '67 dragcar will be finished by winter.

:badday:
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:34 pm

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:

That hasn't stopped my dad and I!!! :rotfl:
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:

lol that's why mine has to wait till tax time lol... hopefully then I can find a cheap beater to have for the next winter
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 pm

2many2choose wrote:
Well,

Foxrod will be getting a new tranny and probably gears.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Better add Supercharger to that list too buddy!
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 pm

the jeep is going into storage, while it is im going to pull the rear axle off, take off all rust, new coat of paint. replace all bearings and seals, also installing a limited slip differential. (lockers are for serious offroaders with deep pockets lol)

also stripping the paint off and repainting a set of wheels for the f150 15x10's so i can install 32x11.50 all terrains on the truck during winter or in spring.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 10:41 pm

I hope I get some tax money back.. but not likely.
Back to top Go down
DarkFlame

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:57 am

No plans here either. Gonna have to wait til tax time too. Although if I do get really bored this winter and have nothing to do I may start work on some interior painting. That won't cost much at all.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 am

Ill b playing forza 4 and doing motor swaps.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:43 am

well since we finally got our hilll done, i am allowed to do stuff to the car, but i think im going to spend my money on finishing the basement instead... and start fresh next summer with the build... but im going to be looking hard for a truck i'd like to trade for... i hate black
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:51 am

thewrightcamaro wrote:
well since we finally got our hilll done, i am allowed to do stuff to the car, but i think im going to spend my money on finishing the basement instead... and start fresh next summer with the build... but im going to be looking hard for a truck i'd like to trade for... i hate black

I love black.....Just hate trying to keep it clean!!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:53 am

my car has so many scratches at 14000 miles it already needs painted... would love to get into a white camaro or a red camaro convertible- lol but don't see the wife letting me do that
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:11 pm

I might pick up a 3rd gen camaro to play with over the winter. Not sure how fast I want to make it but might just put a 2500 stall in it and enough power to put it in the 12's so Rachel can race it next year if she wants. We will see how much money I have to play with after I close on a peice of property in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:15 pm

I love a black vehicle, but also don't like cleaning them lol. But I want to try and find a carbon fiber hood and trunk deck, but well see. I want to try for the RK sport bodykit but it'll be one or the other, def not both lol.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 pm

The Crown Vic needs to have the frame sanded and painted before winter to help keep rust away. And I may spring for a bigger rear sway bar if I still have a job after the guy I work for figures out what his next move is.

For the Beetle, I really want to get under it and start cleaning up the fenderwells and undercarriage. It has 37 years worth of road grime under there that should keep me occupied for a while.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:47 am

D-Rod wrote:
I might pick up a 3rd gen camaro to play with over the winter. Not sure how fast I want to make it but might just put a 2500 stall in it and enough power to put it in the 12's so Rachel can race it next year if she wants. We will see how much money I have to play with after I close on a peice of property in a couple weeks.

that'd be awesome.... there was one for sale at the show saturday with 50,000 miles for 8,000

black with t-tops i think...

MotownG5 wrote:
I love a black vehicle, but also don't like cleaning them lol. But I want to try and find a carbon fiber hood and trunk deck, but well see. I want to try for the RK sport bodykit but it'll be one or the other, def not both lol.

i love that look and since the car is red it will look awesome...
Back to top Go down
carguy03

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:27 am

I plan on finishing the Pacer, and doing a few little things to the Mercedes.
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:56 pm

well im considering taking a nice drive to a junk yard and just parking my car.. and hoping its there after winter.. if not, no loss.. lol jk im saving money like crazy cuz i want the FRS or the next release series scion tC.. :) cuz I was wanting to do all i needed to to stick a turbo in it and mom was like morgan, y dont u wait, save some money, trade in ur tC, and get a new one and turbo that? lol idk if she understands wat a turbo does.. but no one better tell her since shes rooting for one now too lol!! :biggrin: so maybe next time i go to mexico and come out a win!
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:03 pm

^wait for the new BRZ(toyota)/FT-86(subaru)/FRS(scion)...

copy and paste from wvsubarus
Quote :

Exterior and Interior

Based on an all-new platform, the RWD Coupe will be inspired by the classic rear-drive AE86 Toyota Corolla GT coupe from the 1980s, but, the Subaru version will also get some of its design from the Impreza. However, it will shortened, lightened, and have a coupe body.

Engine

The Rear-Wheel Drive Sports Car Technology Concept will be powered by a 2.0-liter flat four engine that will deliver 175bhp (for the naturally aspired version). Subaru will also unveil a 2.5-liter turbocharged
version few months after the standard version.

For this project, Subaru has given up the standard four-wheel drive system in order to save weight. Both companies will adopt the RWD system in order to make the car more compact, lightweight, and faster.

Pricing and Sales Date

Since this is a concept, the car will obviously not be going on sale. However the production version is said to be had for a base price of under $25,000, while the STI may hit $35,000.

The main market for the upcoming model will be North America, but will also be offered in Japan and Europe.

Competition

We don’t really care about the competition for a concept because we’ll never get a chance to ride around in one, but the production version will no doubt be competing with Subaru’s partner for top FT-86 ranking. There have been rumors that Toyota’s FT-86 may be rebadged as a Scion which may give Subaru the upper hand.

Another competitor for the Subaru RWD Concept will be the next generation Mazda MX-5 which is scheduled to be produced in 2013. This model will be powered by a newly developed four-cylinder engine with up to 160 hp. It will be a direct injection engine and will come with a start-stop system, giving it a slight upper-hand against the Subaru. Of course, the Subaru will be working with a few more horses so that upper-hand may not matter to some.

not the subie model but damn im drooling

This winter I'm going to enjoy the snow in my lifted WRX and since I'm probably keeping the bike probably strip some parts and send them off to get powdercoated black.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:22 pm

^^^ Heck yea Tony, but IMO they should put it under Subaru and not Toyota.
Back to top Go down
88camaro
88camaro

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:37 pm

always wanted to work on the camaro in the winter time... but now I need a house and garage.. maybe I should just ship it off and have the work done

but most likely I will work on some r/c trucks
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:17 pm

I think the bikes is going to get gutted and get a redo on everything. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Time Projects??   Winter Time Projects?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Time Projects??
Page 1 of 1