Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels

Go down 
+3
Gixxer
Southtown57
WrightHeight
7 posters

Which one do you like if any?
Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_lcap17%Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_lcap8%Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_lcap0%Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_lcap25%Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_lcap0%Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_lcap17%Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
7- none of the above
Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_lcap33%Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:42 pm

well it's getting closer and closer to car show season and i'm still running factory rims- I NEED CHROME but i'm also on a budget
these are some of the wheels I am considering at this point let me know what you think- the most expensive is $1628 with tires
1 and 4 are my favorites and the wife likes the other ones...
1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
3 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
4 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
6 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:46 pm

I LOVE number 2. Wish it was a bigger pic.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:51 pm

yeah that was the only one that i couldn't get bigger when i clicked on it- didn't have any reviews or anything either
Back to top Go down
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 pm

A lot of those look nice but I'm not a big fan of the lug nut covers.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:14 pm

its your choice but i think maybe some black and chrome rims would look better than all chrome. just throwing out some more ideas...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

when i purchase wheels one thing i consider is how hard they are going to clean? so the more spokes the harder they will be.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Less rim, more rubber! Throw some fat slicks on it and lift those front wheels! :wootwoot:
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:26 pm

thanks for the comments... i have thought about doing some black chrome wheels, but im not set on just one idea- i may not even get any of these and just do chrome on the wheels i have- (the original plan was to have my factory wheels black chromed)
this is what im wanting to get too...

Last edited by thewrightcamaro on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
super95awd

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:31 pm

I have a horribly expensive taste in wheels. I apologize in advance!

Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 pm

It wont let me save this picture because it copyrighted or something. I think these would be sick.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BTW- the bad news is these are Vossen so just like the 360's Andrew put, they are high dollar.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 am

i like that pattern but not a fan of the red stripe with the black car... and those things look huge- lol but overall a good choice- i've started looking for someone to black chrome my wheels again- im going to call the place in nitro again and see if they will get back to me this time
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:13 pm

thewrightcamaro wrote:
i like that pattern but not a fan of the red stripe with the black car... and those things look huge- lol but overall a good choice- i've started looking for someone to black chrome my wheels again- im going to call the place in nitro again and see if they will get back to me this time

Still not sold on the black with a red stripe? If you say this isnt sexy I am driving down to St. Mary's to find out how tough you are. Or Ill just kick you in the bad knee and run. lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 pm

i think that looks great on a vette- the camaro is just so big that some wheels aren't going to look good on them... i've been talking to some people on camaro5.com and trying to figure out how they did their factory wheels- i can exchange mine for $500 but a $800 core charge- im trying to see how much it would be just to buy the wheels though if it would only be $800 if so i'm just going to buy a set so i have these ones to put on during winter
Back to top Go down
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Camaro is heavy as it is. Do you really want heavy chrome wheels?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Southtown57 wrote:

Matt lost 20lbs just to make up for the heavier wheels. lol
Back to top Go down
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Southtown57 wrote:

Matt lost 20lbs just to make up for the heavier wheels. lol

Haha. For real though go with some black or gunmetal rims.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I agree. The new black camaro is mean looking. Chrome takes away from mean and more towards pretty.

Thats why Scott is getting the stock solsitce wheel powdercoated back. Pretty chrome wheels for Jamie and mean black wheels for Scott.

For $250 I would get your stockers powdercoated and see what you think. Cant beat that price. Then if you dont like them get another set and make the powdercoated ones your beater wheels.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:29 pm

taking all into consideration... thanx for the comments and i'll see what i can come up with
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Have you ever considered just keeping the stockers and polishing them up to a shine and putting the money elsewhere on the car? Just a thought. I'm a sucker for simple, clean wheels.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Powder Coat the wheels black. Me and Dave are doing ours probably next week. You can do it then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:54 am

i've actually been dealing with a guy from camaro5 forum and he has a pair that is stock and has the black chrome look on it- i've posted the picture of how i want my car to look- and i'll keep the stock ones i have for winter/early driving months- i'll have to see what your guys wheels look like when they get done to see if i like them or not- im not doing any engine mods and/or anything that will void a warranty at this time... just bought the car back in oct. and this will be a lifetime car for my wife and i- eventually i wanna put an aerodynamic sinsister package on it, drop it, emblem delete, phantom grille- and then i wanna do something with the interior- but not quite sure yet- the passanger side is just so boring
i will be putting a cam in it, headers, intake, and maybe a couple more bolt ons

but thanks for the idea...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels   Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Me Choose a Pair of Wheels
Page 1 of 1