Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?

Go down 
+3
wv_wagon
D-Rod
Blacked Out
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? Empty
PostSubject: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 pm

I am thinking about this kit.. what do yall think? Can anyone here install this? And be certified to do it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HRC / Mitsu 20G Turbocharger
Turbo Exhaust Manifold
Exhaust Downpipe Assembly
Front-Mount Intercooler
Intercooler Piping
Cold Air Inlet System w/ Filter
Silicone Couplers and Clamps
Upgraded TurboSmart BOV
(4) Larger Fuel Injectors w/ Harness
Stage 4 PCM Reprogramming
"Boost Fueler" Fuel Management Unit
Hi-Volume Fuel Pump
Oil feed & Return Lines
NOT TAP Oil Return System
All Hardware, Wiring, Brackets & Gaskets
Installation & Tuning Manual
5-Year Warranty on Exhaust Manifold

Price: $5,275.00
Engine: 2.4L Ecotec MT Only
Boost: 21+ PSI Capable
HP Gain: 220-230 WHP
Warranty: 5 Year Manifold, 1 Year Parts
Part Number: H TS-2990
Brand: Hahn RaceCraft
Desc: 06-09 Solstice
Type: Stage IV

Factory HP: 177 Crank HP / 150 Wheel HP
Stage 4 HP: 447 Crank HP / 380 Wheel HP

* Requires Cylinder Head Enhancement Kit
* Over 12 PSI Requires Boost Controller & Octane Booster

NGK LZTR5A-13 Gap To .030 Suggested

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm

21#'s of boost is alot!

Im sure andrew can point you in the right direction for a kit.
Back to top Go down
wv_wagon

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Hahn makes AWESOME turbo kits. Very high quality stuff. I am sure if you search the Soltice forums you can find install How-to's. The Hahn's freqeunt the forums that they build parts for.

Personally, I don't think you need a stage 4. I would look at their stage one or stage two kits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamhardyboys.com
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:57 pm

If your going turbo go with Performance Autowerks.

A lot of people in the cobalt turbo world used Hahn as an upgrade company but the mitsu 20g is outdated and underachieving compared to other stuff out there. Werks uses Precision turbo's which are fantastic. They even do LSX engine conversions. They know Kappa's like the back of their hand.
Back to top Go down
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

I found Werks GXP that they posted on my gm forum I'm on. Body kit is sick.

Back to top Go down
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:09 pm

D-Rod wrote:
21#'s of boost is alot!

My boost is set to 15psi for daily driving but when I activate comp mode it kicks it up to 24psi. So that turbo would handle it fine.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 pm

hey pm rocketman on my site he is a ASE certified mechanic so i bet he could do it.

21lbs of boost in that little car would make it move!!!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Southtown57 wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
21#'s of boost is alot!

My boost is set to 15psi for daily driving but when I activate comp mode it kicks it up to 24psi. So that turbo would handle it fine.

Its not the turbo I would worry about....its the stock internals. I dont know much of anything about that 2.4 but isnt that alot of boost for a engine built to be N/A?
Back to top Go down
v8_lol
v8_lol

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 pm

I can guarantee that whatever andrew puts together for you will make you VERY happy. :)
Back to top Go down
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:18 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Southtown57 wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
21#'s of boost is alot!

Its not the turbo I would worry about....its the stock internals. I dont know much of anything about that 2.4 but isnt that alot of boost for a engine built to be N/A?

Not to sure about his engine. I know a company was running a big turbo kit on my car and didn't cause any damage until about 500whp and they bent the rods. I'd say he could probably go in the range of 390whp before needing to upgrade his internals. But yeah your right I keep thinking he has the factory turbo model so it probably wouldn't be up to a lot of boost. I know one thing you would want to upgrade the clutch too or it will slip like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 pm

The tranny and rear differential is rated for 400lbs of torque.
It has the Caddy CTS tranny and rear end for the v8 models. The 2.4 liter has a better tranny and rear end then the 2.0 model solstices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Southtown57
Southtown57

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Oh ok, see I don't know to much about the kappas (solstice/sky) just the deltas (cobalts/redlines). I would just find a solstice forum and see what kind of kits there using and what it's capability is.

Buuuuuuuuut, if you have an extra 50k laying around I think you should do this... :llooll:

Just think, D-Rod's engine plus a turbo in your little 1,000hp solstice :eek7: :llooll:
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:54 am

Gixxer wrote:
hey pm rocketman on my site he is a ASE certified mechanic so i bet he could do it.

21lbs of boost in that little car would make it move!!!

Plus 1 for rocketman...
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:33 am

D-Rod wrote:

ya thats a lot of boost for stock internals. since your tranny and rear end is good you should build the motor for boost!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?   Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solstice Hahn Kit.. anyone put it on here?
Page 1 of 1