Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finding the matching paint i need

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Finding the matching paint i need Empty
PostSubject: Finding the matching paint i need   Finding the matching paint i need I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 pm

So i have been looking online to find the paint i need to color match my truck. I've checked several sites and they all don't give an exact answer, and they usually have different names for each shade of paint.

I have my paint code from my driver side door jam, but these sites don't ask for it. where can i go (store) to get a color match can of paint for my truck?
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: Finding the matching paint i need   Finding the matching paint i need I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:07 pm

I know when I worked for Advance, they have a reference sheet if you bring in your color code. You can order it in several different types of paint, or at least get the part number to get it easily from some other place (they were having issues with not being able to order paint because of some hazardous materials transport regulation). Maybe they have it sorted out, but you can get the little touch-ups, spray paint, or paint for a gun.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Finding the matching paint i need   Finding the matching paint i need I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:25 am

napa can do it... they can mix you pints or quarts... up to gallons. And even in a spray can, according to the paint code. they can look it up if you don't have it... thats the napa on don knotts blvd here in morgantown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Finding the matching paint i need   Finding the matching paint i need I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Awesome. Thank You guys. I think i'll try Advance and Napa to see what each has. A spray can would be the best for me.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Finding the matching paint i need   Finding the matching paint i need I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 pm

If you got to the napa I told you about ask for Jon Locklar
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Finding the matching paint i need   Finding the matching paint i need I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:19 pm

yea, give the code to napa and they can mix it in a single stage in a spray can. its like 20 bucks though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding the matching paint i need   Finding the matching paint i need I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding the matching paint i need
Page 1 of 1