Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First time dragging

Go down 
+4
Blacked Out
dlinsbeck
D-Rod
tkromer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

First time dragging Empty
PostSubject: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:29 pm

13.05 @102, which is a personal best for me as well, since this is my first time running.

Definitely have 12's in it. I made it home on the gas in the tank
(about 5+ gallons remaining when I left). Plus I'm currently at 220,
I'll see if I can't go 200 by next spring. 30 pounds of fuel and 20 lbs
of me has me running 12.80s I'd think.

I could shave weight on brakes, and empty my completely full windshield
washer fluid. I could also shave some weight and get rid of the 24 lb
stock chrome rims.

That's about it for weight unless I start replacing body panels.

Wouldn't hurt to replace the factory air filter with a K&N and I intend to tune for half E/half 93 next year too.

All in all very happy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Let the fun begin!!!! I had fun today.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Awesome times. I need to make it up there one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Awesome congrats.. if you ran a 13:05 I bet ours would run a 20 lol....
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Low 16s stock on yours. Might see 15s if you've shaved 150lbs.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:11 am

Hopefully come next season I'll have Foxrod in the 14's lol

Nice times! What were you racing that went 20 seconds?! Rofl
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 am

2many2choose wrote:
Hopefully come next season I'll have Foxrod in the 14's lol

Nice times! What were you racing that went 20 seconds?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

An ugly Mustang [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He missed second I believe and coasted it out.

Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Ouch! Sounds like he hurt that motor!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:44 pm

that's a mustang for you- lol
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Initial_Speed
Initial_Speed

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:36 am

Your seeing good numbers, hopefully we some shaving off of the time.

My genesis does 14.2 at 98mph. With luggage, fmic, ecu, tsi wing and various other little parts in the trunk/back seat lol.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:00 pm

That's a pretty good time! I managed a 16.07 with my Crown Vic with screwed up shift points and 120+ degree track temp. Need to get the tune set up properly and get it back out there.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:41 pm

I think a Crown Vic will run bottom 15s.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 am

A stock retail Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis will be in the high 16s - low 17s. A police package car like mine should be in the mid to low 16s stock. I was putting down a 60 foot (2.3 seconds) and 1/8 mile (10.3) time that should have come out to a ~mid 15 pass. But with my shift points being off and the heat, it absolutley killed my top end.

I think Kaleb said people were running 2 tenths off that day, so that alone would have put it in the 15.80s.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Alex98CVPI wrote:
A stock retail Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis will be in the high 16s - low 17s. A police package car like mine should be in the mid to low 16s stock. I was putting down a 60 foot (2.3 seconds) and 1/8 mile (10.3) time that should have come out to a ~mid 15 pass. But with my shift points being off and the heat, it absolutley killed my top end.

I think Kaleb said people were running 2 tenths off that day, so that alone would have put it in the 15.80s.

Yup, everyone was 2 tenths off that day. I finally got down into the 14's, been pretty consistent 14.80s. Was running 15 flat that day. The Palindrome was running 10.20s, usually ran 10 flat. Getting it tuned up to start making some 9 second passes since this season is over. Keeps sputtering on top end, running out of fuel lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time dragging   First time dragging I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First time dragging
Page 1 of 1