Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you guys seen this before?

Go down 
+4
Blacked Out
tkromer
dlinsbeck
2many2choose
8 posters
AuthorMessage
2many2choose
2many2choose

Have you guys seen this before? Empty
PostSubject: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:42 pm

That is pretty impressive.....especially him jumping that thing in the road!
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I had seen that video before, still don't understand how they made it jump at the end. The rest of it seems plausible.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:46 pm

dlinsbeck wrote:
That is pretty impressive.....especially him jumping that thing in the road!

I know! At first, I thought they had a clear ramp but after the different shots I was like, wow, it actually jumped it on it's own. It's like knight rider with turbo boost lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Right amount of speed and air suspension, kicked it up hard and violent to get the front off the ground.. then the back did the same to clear it.. just like when cavy man holds his tires up to change them with his air and doesnt need a jack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:35 pm

damn , agreed pretty impressive
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:07 am

iv been in a few cars with air ride and they do handle pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:40 am

oh i so want that on my truck
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 am

Orion-Jim wrote:
oh i so want that on my truck

It'd be the high tech redneck truck!
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 am

Bose has been doing this kind of thing for a while now. They started their research in this technology for seat suspension in semi's and over the road trucks, so the driver never bounces in the seat. It's not an air system at all, but a variation of same tech as a speakers voicecoil. Just how a speaker uses magnets and alternating charges to propel a driver to make sound waves, the same theory is applied as an alternative to a spring and dampener, but instead of a voicecoil moving a cone, it's been modified to control suspension travel.

The impressive part is the control system, how it would have to monitor the yaw, lateral forces and vertical travel and communicate between all 4 corners. I wouldn't be surprised if each application needs to be specifically configured to each vehicle, due to different weights and distributions.

The jump at the end is just a fancy trick of 'firing' each of the suspension 'voicecoils' ( just like an amplifier 'fires' a subwoofer ) in a sequence that lifts each end off of the ground. Vehicle speed would also have to be added into the equation to get the car to jump over object or pot-hole at different rates of travel.

...it's fancy, but if rod-and-valve dampeners are good enough for F1, then they're good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you guys seen this before?   Have you guys seen this before? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you guys seen this before?
Page 1 of 1