Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autocross in Morgantown

Go down 
+10
bobdogwv
Alex98CVPI
dlinsbeck
StitchWerx
2many2choose
weaveleftnright
D-Rod
89SC
Blacked Out
tkromer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR

Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:59 am

I have shunned Facebook. No account here.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 am

Could try and see what the name was on the time sheet that Jen took a picture of and try on wvmotorsports. I can check the book and see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 am

What is there name/club on facebook?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:08 am

I think its mon valley sports car club.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:12 am

Apparently it is just under the Mid-Atlantic Sports Cars (dealership) page. Putting an inquiry in
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:17 am

Found them on facebook on wvmotorsports, had a link to the page on the autocross post.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:08 am

Here's another round of videos:

Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:19 am

Here are the results from the MVSCC Facebook page. These are with penalties if any.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 am

Looks like everyone ran the 3rd round (while we were eating [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]) put up great times.

Booo to the wives and pulling us out of the 3rd round. Everyone's driving was certainly improving, plus the course was getting less and less gravel and moisture as we ran it.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:28 am

No they only ran twice. I think there is a pic of the entire sheet showing all the times. I'll see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:34 am

i really wish i still had the fox up here and could have gone to this
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:20 am

3 more videos! Got the GoPro clips at last. In particular, watch the 3rd run. This was my 26.xx run (hit one cone). I started using brakes more on corners and letting it steer a little more like a FWD car, which seemed to help.

Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:43 am

Looks good, can't wait to get one of those cameras! Was contemplating making a mount between the head rests to mount the 7d on but, then again that is a lot of camera to break if not done right, especially with the cornering.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 am

Two automotive suction cups mounted right under the rear view mirror would hold it regardless of how hard you drive. What lens would you use though? Something like a 12 or 18 would be ideal I'd think.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:00 am

weaveleftnright wrote:
Looks good, can't wait to get one of those cameras! Was contemplating making a mount between the head rests to mount the 7d on but, then again that is a lot of camera to break if not done right, especially with the cornering.

Manfrotto makes a windshield mount for your camera.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:51 am

hmmm. I guess I will wait until BDay/Christmas is over to see what I got. The GoProHD motorsport is on the list. However getting a 12 or 18 lens not on the cheap side of things.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:53 am

weaveleftnright wrote:
hmmm. I guess I will wait until BDay/Christmas is over to see what I got. The GoProHD motorsport is on the list. However getting a 12 or 18 lens not on the cheap side of things.

Get an 18-55 off ebay for 100.00

I have the go pro you speak of. Amazing camera worth every penny if you got the 1080p.

Also suggest getting the extra battery pack and the lcd screen, I wasnt happy until I had both. Its quite annoying without the lcd and the battery doesnt last long enough without it.

I have a 12mm fish eye lens that is just way to crazy to be used for autocross. Litterally you can see your finger beside the lens even though its not in front of it at all.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 am

Fixed lens would be way better, but the 18-55 would do the trick. It's crop body (EF-S) though isn't it?

24mm f2.8 is ~300, but at that point you could afford a GoPro.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 am

Oh yes, the 18-55 kit lens from the rebels. Forgot about that one. It's also 3.5-5.6 and is the EF-S.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 pm

The 18-55mm lens is junky but I like them. Thats what I shoot almost every picture with even though I have about 6 other lens..

I like them at about 24mm so it doesnt look fisheye, but still wide angle. The 18-55 EFS lens is for C size sensor, but the 7d isnt full frame anyway is it? I thought it didnt go to full frame until 5d.

Either way, your better off with the gopro because once you buy the 18-55 and a nice mount for your 7d, your going to have 300.00 in it. A nice hood mount is over 2800.00 from manfrotto.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Correct, 5d is the lowest full frame Canon has. I've been having my heart set out for a general purpose L lense but other things keep taking priorities.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I would like to have one too. but to much stuff takes priority over multi 1000 dollar lenses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autocross in Morgantown
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4