Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria

Go down 
+7
2many2choose
tkromer
wvtrap
Gixxer
Blacked Out
91foxbody
Alex98CVPI
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alex98CVPI

Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Kaleb stopped by on Friday and helped me get the rear control arms installed. In the push to get the car on the road, I forgot to get a picture of them installed, but I will get one when I take the wheels off to make sure the bolts have stayed properly torqued.

Here's a comparison between the stock stamped parts and the Henious milled aluminum ones:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 am

BigSmile
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:44 pm

And here we go, a picture of them installed. Don't pay too much attention to my dirty frame, please!

Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:08 pm

I want to see a big brake kit on this thing! 13" rotors or bust!
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Lol. The brakes do look small in that picture, but they really are very good. For the price of a good performance brake rotor, I can replace the rotors and pads with OEM parts and have 100 bucks left over, haha.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 am

those things look sweet man. nice purchase .
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 pm

CopRod has been getting some attention that has been long overdue. The biggest model year issue has been fixed. The intake manifold, being made entirely out of plastic is famous for cracking at the front coolant crossover. The fix is to install a revised manifold that has the coolant crossover made from aluminum. So, I budgeted a couple days for the job but managed to get it done in 9 hours.

It's a good feeling knowing that my intake isn't going to explode while I'm driving down the road! Anyway, I should be getting a new set of rear coil springs in the mail tomorrow. They should fix my sagging rear end issues and give the car a nice stance.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 pm

awesome man.. always good when you put in the work your self.. congrats
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Installed a set of Moog cargo coil rear springs as a way to fix the sagging rear end of the car without breaking the bank. I am loving the new stance!

Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:53 am

Looks great man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 pm

I've got another small project in the works for this thing. I bought a Ford Fusion center console from eBay a couple days ago. It'll be nice to have an actual, factory looking center console in my car, lol. I'll post an update with pictures when I get it and its installed.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 pm

awesome man, love to see those build pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:35 am

keep up the good work... makes me excited to get summer here to start working on some projects...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria    Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex's Daily Driver Crown Victoria
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2