Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
norfolknova

Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis Empty
PostSubject: Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis   Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:59 pm

I decided I wanted a new project that I can try to do on the cheap. With 4V Mustangs, a.k.a. Cobra's, going for more money than I care to spend I decided to make my own Faux-bra on the cheap. I found a Lincoln Mark VIII on the cheap, so I went ahead and picked it up. I am in the process of pulling the motor and trans, the rest of the car will be sold for parts or scrapped/trashed to recoup some of the money.
The ultimate plan is to drop it into a V-6 bodied Mustang and leave it looking as much as I can like a V-6 Mustang.
Here is the start of the project:
picking the car up in DC
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will be pulling the motor this weekend and will try to remember to get some pics as the project moves along

Matt
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis   Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 am

sleeper time
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis   Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:24 pm

StitchWerx wrote:
sleeper time
hmmmmmm agreed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
norfolknova

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis   Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Here is a quick update, I got the motor and trans pulled out. I need to finish dismantling the Lincoln. Then I can do a compression check on the motor and run a bore scope down there bores. Depending on how the all checks out will determine what direction I take with the motor. I am trying to make this a total cheap budget build.

With that being said I already know that the "B" heads on this motor and the later "C" heads flow better.
But this motor was rated for more HP/TQ than a stock 2V 4.6L in the GT. With some long tubes, an H/X pipe, and some free flowing exhaust it should make about 300/300

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis   Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Not a super heavy car either, 300/300 should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis   Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lincoln 4V 4.6 into Mustang V-6 chassis
Page 1 of 1