Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter plans

Go down 
+9
MotownG5
StitchWerx
Blacked Out
Alex98CVPI
Gixxer
dlinsbeck
tkromer
SnowXRacer
D-Rod
13 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 pm

So its that time again. What is everyones plans over the winter. I may have someone interested in my car. If not I will probably throw a 75 or 100 shot at it. Unfortunatly I am bored with the power already.
Back to top Go down
SnowXRacer
SnowXRacer

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Mine is covered up till spring. Time to get the snowmobile out! (I just need some snow)

Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:05 pm

No money to spend on my car really this winter. Slowly acquiring all the parts to do the big build, but it'll be 2+ years before I'm ready I'd bet.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Mines a daily driver so......we will be sledding to work if it snows too hard!
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:16 pm

I cant wait for some snow to test out my new winter setup! The bike is in hibernation and will be getting some parts powder coated.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:54 pm

My winter plan is to try to not crash it, lol. And I need to save up some cash for next year's car season.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:57 pm

I guess I am looking forward to snow. First time driving an AWD, and for the first time I'll have dedicated winter tires.

The SC1 is hard to beat with that FWD and summer tires though, first one to work every snowy day last year [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm

No plans here. Just plan to try and save some money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Redoing the whole bike this winter. After i tie up some loose end projects im gonna start on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Yea, I'm just trying not to bang mine up this winter either... hopefully this will be the last winter I'll have to drive it.. come tax time, I'm gonna try to pick up a work beater or a cheap AWD or 4x4
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Save up for a couple years and get an Evo!
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 pm

tkromer wrote:

lol I help run a tire shop.... I couldn't afford one of those when I was looking for my new car! Believe me, I looked. Honestly, I'm hoping to find a mid 90's awd Impreza.... that would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:52 pm

You could trade in the G5 and be almost even on an 03-06 model... Actually old Imprezas last forever, not a bad deal for a couple grand when you find one that isn't rusty.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Na, I'll be hanging on to the G5... I actually really like it.., and I can afford it lol. Although its tempting lol
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:43 pm

MotownG5 wrote:
tkromer wrote:

lol I help run a tire shop.... I couldn't afford one of those when I was looking for my new car! Believe me, I looked. Honestly, I'm hoping to find a mid 90's awd Impreza.... that would be ideal.

My dad has a 95 or 96 impreza. He has a really nice Duramax but it hardly ever moves because he always drives the impreza. However, I have it this week because the Altima is broken down. :(
Back to top Go down
v8_lol
v8_lol

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Only thing I plan on doing this winter are some epic SNOWNUTS!!!!
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 pm

I get giddy anytime it snows. I'll be enjoying the driving in it and skiing. No real plans for the car/bike over winter. Saving up for wheels/tires for spring. Got exhaust on Black Friday, I'll be installing that at some point.
Back to top Go down
DarkFlame

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:23 am

No plans here..not really that much money to do anything right now with it. Just watch out for the idiots on the road when the weather turns bad. Tax time should be a different story lol.
Back to top Go down
iSpoolin
iSpoolin

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Trailblazer will be the snow warrior.

The bike will be getting quite a bit of powdercoat.

Black:
Barends
Rearsets
passenger pegs
top triple tree clamp
shift rod
levers

Black headlight housings w/ gold projector shrouds

a few small decals to pull the gold around the bike, and i'm sure i'll do some other things.

Should end up like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:00 pm

bike is gonna look sick man.... i was gonna do some powder coat on my bike this winter but im too cheap and have access to any paint want. so i think im gonna use some dupont industrial paint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Sponsored content

Winter plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter plans   Winter plans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter plans
Page 1 of 1