Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learned something new about keys today.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Learned something new about keys today. Empty
PostSubject: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Well, I bought a key and fob from Premier Pontiac in Morgantown about 2 years ago, I kept calling waiting on my key to come in and never any luck. They couldnt get one. So I bought one off ebay for 10.00 and took it down there today. Originally when I bought the key I had the fob in hand and paid for programming of a cost of 76.00

Today when they cut my ebay key to match my real key I asked for them to program it since I had already paid for it. They responded in telling me that I could do it just as easy and they wouldnt have to put a greasy mechanic butt in the seat.

Here are the steps to programming a Pontiac key, not sure if other brands are this easy.

1. Start the car with your original key.

2. Turn off the car.

3. Stick in new cut key with + sign (has to be a programmable key) and then start the car.

4. Your done. New key is programmed.

Wow.. they charge 76.00 for that lol....

So basically, I paid 76.00 for them to tell me how to do that today. Awesome huh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:37 pm

My mom's Expedition needs an extra key, I'm gonna have to try this! :D
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Just have someone cut it, then program it yourself like I said above.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:11 am

that's awesome... couldn't see it being any more complicated on other vehicles...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:16 pm

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
Well, I bought a key and fob from Premier Pontiac in Morgantown about 2 years ago, I kept calling waiting on my key to come in and never any luck. They couldnt get one. So I bought one off ebay for 10.00 and took it down there today. Originally when I bought the key I had the fob in hand and paid for programming of a cost of 76.00

Today when they cut my ebay key to match my real key I asked for them to program it since I had already paid for it. They responded in telling me that I could do it just as easy and they wouldnt have to put a greasy mechanic butt in the seat.

Here are the steps to programming a Pontiac key, not sure if other brands are this easy.

1. Start the car with your original key.

2. Turn off the car.

3. Stick in new cut key with + sign (has to be a programmable key) and then start the car.

4. Your done. New key is programmed.

Wow.. they charge 76.00 for that lol....

So basically, I paid 76.00 for them to tell me how to do that today. Awesome huh.

If i was you i would ask for my $76.00 back lol... I mean they didnt do it so they owe you dont they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:33 pm

lol stupid ? mayb but wats the + sign? i need a new key lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:37 pm

look on your key. Its next to the rubber. I shows it has a computer chip in it. Yours may not have one?
But its for reading the ohms needed to match the key to the car.
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:39 pm

ill have 2 look it may b inside somewhere.. i just know at my discount i used 2 get it was still over 300$ for a new key witth programming lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 pm

the plus sign usually has a circle around it. Its on the metal part of the key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learned something new about keys today.   Learned something new about keys today. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learned something new about keys today.
Page 1 of 1