Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00

Go down 
+2
WrightHeight
Blacked Out
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 Empty
PostSubject: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 am

We don't know anyone who wouldn't love to see a Bugatti Veryron parked in their driveway. We also don't know many people willing and/or able to fork out the doe ($1.3 million for a 2011 model). But, just like the bags on the arms of fashionistas in the Upper East Side, not every car has to be authentic.

In an effort to make the tantalizing style of the Bugatti Veyron more attainable, one car kit maker has developed a make-it-yourself Veyron look-a-like. Truth be told, underneath the sexy swoops and curves lays a 2002 Mercury Cougar V6. Though, you'd never know it from looking at it. It truly is a visual success.

As far as power is concerned, the Mercury Cougar Bugatti Veyron knockoff - known as the "Cougati" - is not nearly as powerful as the real deal. With front-wheel drive, and a 2.5-liter V6 engine, it gets 168 bph. This is hardly the stuff 200 mph is made of. But, it's more kick than most cars can offer... in a beautiful shell...at a fraction of the cost. The starting bid for this item on one of today's most popular auction sites (you know the one) was $89,000. Compared to $1.3 million, that's a pretty good deal. But, is it worth it? That boils down to how much of a purist you are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the nicest rebody car you will find at this time and look as hard as you like but you will not find another one that looks even close to this one. This car looks like a million dollars all day long. The paint job is base / clear, sanded and buffed to a show car shine. Ferrari red and black combo. The body is made of composite and fiberglass with a one inch tubular steel frame glassed into it. This one inch tube frame is welded to the donor car which makes the entire thing solid as a rock! This car is actually a 2002 mercury cougar two door sport coupe. The car has a nice reliable 2.5 L V6 motor and Ice cold AC. Its easy to maintain and cost affordable. I feel these are some of the most important things for sure. There are custom wheels and tires installed, 20 inch staggered. This car drives very smooth with the 20 inch wheels. I get so many questions asking how fast is the car. My best reply is fast enough. It is not a rocket ship, If you are a motor head you can install a larger motor, but I do not do that kind of work. This car is a stock 2002 mercury cougar, Stock wheel base, Stock motor and automatic transmission, Stock power windows and locks, stock wiring, stock guages, stock AC controls under these nice fancy looking aluminum trim parts. The seats are even modified stock cougar parts as well, Just everything has been recovered in a real leather, Leather seats, Leather headliner, Leather trim on the carpet, Leather Dash. Another nice bonus about this car is the rear seating area, Not large by any means, however if you have a kid or two, they will enjoy riding around in this beast. The rear seats fold down to expose a small storage area behind the seats. There is also another storage area in the very rear of the car. The exhaust exits through the large single tip which produces a nice tone. Check out the fit of the door windows to the body with the rubber molding, This factory look completes the package. Call with any questions, Or email is good also. Window shoppers please do not call and waste my time, Just enjoy the pictures and keep shopping!

This is a great car! Its fun to drive and turns heads more then you can imagine! I could even be a great daily driver.

Serious inquiries please call my cell at .... 623-256-3648

Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:55 am

oh hell yeah i'd drive that but if i had 89,000 to put down i'd have a great looking ride and a fast ride all together..
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:44 pm

lol, wow. Id drive it. can only imagine the man hours in that body and frame work
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
slopez
slopez

PostSubject: Re: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Yikes....I don't know about this one. I'd have to say I'd pass. When mini vans blow your doors off, you'll feel pretty silly.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:15 pm

slopez wrote:
Yikes....I don't know about this one. I'd have to say I'd pass. When mini vans blow your doors off, you'll feel pretty silly.

haha, very true
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:20 pm

I don't know. I still think it would be awesome to own. Since it is built off of a Cougar, there have got to be aftermarket turbo kits to boost performance. I'm not saying it will be a speed demon, but you shouldn't have to worry about the mini vans!
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:46 pm

i would definitely drive it. as far as pay the $89,000.....no, i'd put that money into a corvette, shelby, viper, or a used gallardo for that kinda cheddar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00   Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bugatti Veyron? Would you drive it? on Ebay today for 89,000.00
Page 1 of 1