Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on this as a possible project??

Go down 
+3
WrightHeight
Alex98CVPI
silverflatty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silverflatty
silverflatty

Thoughts on this as a possible project?? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 pm

i have a weird thing for small, "ugly", older cars...

found this for sale locally.. my plan would be to lower it, and turn it into a decently quick "rat rod"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

its a 71 VW super beetle, they weigh in at 1980lbs (i would try to make it as light as possible)

there are parts out the WAZOO for them, and there arent a ton of them running around..

this one has SOME rust, and certainly would be a project (engine wont turn over/needs new wiring) but i think i could get it for a good price.. and it could fit sideways in the back of my garage.. haha
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:40 am

As a proud parent of a '74 Beetle. I say go for it. You really can get just about anything for them.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:39 am

at the car show we had earlier this year a guy brought in an awesome rat beetle... i don't know if i have any pics of it or not now... im sure someone has one

if you got time to do a car project i think it would be awesome...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:39 am

hell yea man... I have some pics of the one matt is talking about. I'll post em up this evening when i get home from work
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 am

go for it. im a fan of the old vws
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 am

Do it! That'd be an awesome street toy.
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:46 pm

got the "if thats what you really want to do." response from the wife when i asked her "how mad would you be if i went and got this thing?" so...

im getting the money from work on tues.. and making the guy an offer on it.. lol

figure if the guy has sold the beetle, or wont take my offer.. then i can give the money back and be in the exact same place i am now.. lol

WOOO!
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:41 pm

annnddd... called the guy today and he had sold it.. knew the beetle was too good to pass up for the price...

but.. already have my sights on a new project..

guy still has this one, gonna go take a look this week, and if all goes well, will have it in my garage soon..

already has a lot of stuff done to it to make it decently quick, which will save on costs
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:04 pm

1984 Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE with a street-port 12a and other goodies

gonna go tonight, should figure out the price in the next day or so
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 pm

told the guy id take it... body is in good condition..

getting the money tomorrow, should be getting it home in a couple days
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 pm

awesome man! can't wait to see the build with it.. always love some old school
Back to top Go down
r/tguy02
r/tguy02

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm

would make a great drift car, if you want to get into that sort of thing
Back to top Go down
http://neontuners.com
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:35 pm

my plan is a low, quick sleeper (might be difficult with header + straight pipes on a ported rotary) lol

i hopfully wont have to sink a ton of money into this car to get it to where im happy at.. lol
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:04 pm

look at that butt!
lol
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:33 pm

what are your all thoughts on registering it as an antique/classic? no inspection, but there are limits on driving it..

would like to hear from some guys with cars over 25 years old on what they do..
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:44 pm

vid from the previous owner (2 before me)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:39 am

got her home yesterday evening! need to get a battery in her and start the process!
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 am

awesome man, love old school tuners. can't wait to see where it takes you
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 pm

got a good battery from advance, and new plugs..

tried to start her today and it wont turn over..
its definately getting fuel, thoughts are that its not getting spark (bad distributor maybe)?
Back to top Go down
r/tguy02
r/tguy02

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 am

check your points, clean them, regap them, and try again.
Back to top Go down
http://neontuners.com
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 am

r/tguy02 wrote:
check your points, clean them, regap them, and try again.

agreed... not to mention a dist for that thing is prolly pretty rare and expensive..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this as a possible project??   Thoughts on this as a possible project?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this as a possible project??
Page 1 of 1