Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'09 Yamaha FZ1

Go down 
+5
StitchWerx
Tygur
tkromer
MotownG5
weaveleftnright
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
weaveleftnright

'09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 am

So...On the way to bleed the brakes at a friends house I noticed this in my tire. Not happy as I just put these tires on ~3 months ago.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oddly enough I had placed an ordered for the "Gold" wheels from an 08 that should match the forks better earlier that day.

So I had to get some new tread. There is an Angel for the first 1,000 miles then the halo goes away and becomes evil. At least that is what others have said. Pirelli Angel ST 190/50/17 (rear) 120/70/17 (front)

The bike with no rear :(

Need to get the new rubber on the new wheels so I can continue to ride. Just about to hit 9k on the bike (14.5 months old)
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 am

I'll post up pictures once they get installed all around as the colors "should" match more closely and the addition of the full Grave exhaust enhances the appearance.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Thats a good looking bike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Blacked Out wrote:
Thats a good looking bike.

Thanks. Next time I'll take some pictures with the real camera instead of the most recent ones from my phone.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 pm

dude, my rear tire blew the other day with less than 500 miles on it. only to find out it wasnt the tire at all. valve stem cracked and after riding it back to my apt for about a mile i decided to get a new piece of rubber. sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:03 am

StitchWerx wrote:
dude, my rear tire blew the other day with less than 500 miles on it. only to find out it wasnt the tire at all. valve stem cracked and after riding it back to my apt for about a mile i decided to get a new piece of rubber. sucks.

What make/model tires do you run? That sucks about the valve stem. Did they replace it when they put the new rubber on?

OEM was Dunlop Sportmax that was mediocre and then I got the Michelin Road Sport 2s that I think are quite decent and replacing those with the Pirelli Angel STs.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:52 am

yea, it was a new stem. first tires i bought were some dunlop qualifiers which was oem for suzuki at the time. went to shinko advance which were really sticky and wore centers out riding to and from work. dont have as much time as i used to for the twisties. which brings me to the shinko raven. a little harder compound but still soft on the sides. i like them so far and price is top notch.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 am

Finally was able to get the new tires on the new wheels. I think it looks better but that is up for interpretation. Now I need to get some parts powder coated.

I'll try and clean the bike up tonight and take some good pictures. Didn't get done with the bike till 9 last night.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 pm

looks sick

maybe some gold bar ends and levers?
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:42 am

Bar ends might be a way to go. Already have ASV shorty levers on there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:14 pm

looks sharp man. as soon as my bike is fixed we should go for a ride and take some pictures.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 pm

StitchWerx wrote:
looks sharp man. as soon as my bike is fixed we should go for a ride and take some pictures.

Agreed. What is wrong with yours though? These cool mornings are making it a little harder to ride though.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:52 pm

iv had a small coolant leak between the head and thermostat. and the other day it became a bigger leak. it is only when it is cold cause once the bike is warm it doesnt do it for the rest of the day. just builds up pressure and runs out before the thermostat opens is my best guess. bike isnt running hot either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '09 Yamaha FZ1   '09 Yamaha FZ1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'09 Yamaha FZ1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Member Build Threads-
Jump to: