Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cheromanche

Go down 
+4
2many2choose
MotownG5
Tygur
PaintSlinger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 pm

First of all Hi everyone it's been awhile to say the least, Now down to the awesome part I'm cutting my Jeep up this week to make a cheromanche of sorts. Figured I'd get some opinions on this fun filled job.......lol

This is kinda what I'm doing, mine's a 2 door though

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Looks good. Probably a pain to fabricate, but in my opinion, would be worth it. Somewhere in the back of my mind stirs the thought of a rock crawling Subaru Baja.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:37 pm

I think it'll look pretty awesome... good luck with the build man... btw, welcome back
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 pm

MotownG5 wrote:
I think it'll look pretty awesome... good luck with the build man... btw, welcome back

Thanks, I miss the Forum so I'm happy to be back.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:08 pm

That's gonna be so awesome lol
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Tygur wrote:
Looks good. Probably a pain to fabricate, but in my opinion, would be worth it. Somewhere in the back of my mind stirs the thought of a rock crawling Subaru Baja.

I've done a few chop top to hot rods in the past so hopefully this won't be to hard scary part is that it's a uni body so it might have to be fully framed before doing all the sheet metal. and yeah the Subaru Baja rock crawler sounds about right.....lol
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:28 pm

2many2choose wrote:
That's gonna be so awesome lol

Hopefully, as always I'll probably have to drive it to work all week while I'm working on it. So waiting for a flood this week with my luck.......lol
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:30 pm

that is going to be sweet man
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

91foxbody wrote:
that is going to be sweet man

Thanks

I'll post build pics this weekend providing I don't run into many problems
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:53 pm

My other big project is wanting to find a 6500 GMC Top Kick crew cab and moving the rear end forward, cutting a little of the rear frame off and putting a dually bed on it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:29 am

Oh god jeeps are unibody now?! Sick
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:55 am

Glad to see you back on the site man. Thats gonna be a pretty sweet jeep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tygur wrote:
Oh god jeeps are unibody now?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yeap and I found a problem when I tore my carpet out today. There's only about five inches of metal between the floor board and fender wells.
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
Glad to see you back on the site man. Thats gonna be a pretty sweet jeep.

Glad to be back buddy, if I can figure out the rust issue I'll be in good shape.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Welcome back. I sure wish I had your know-how.
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:36 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Welcome back. I sure wish I had your know-how.

Thanks buddy, I figure that I'm good at alot, not great at anything......lol
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Did figure out the fender wells and sides decent metal so I'm gonna weld a piece of 1/8 " plate in that way I can put a stuctural rear roll cage in it to help support everything, I'm also thinking of making a 4 link system with these 1 ton axles I've had laying around forever.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:16 am

gonna be sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:16 am

gonna be sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am

StitchWerx wrote:
gonna be sweet.

Thank ya
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Put the first piece of 1/8 " plate in today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] well took the rear seats out and carpet, this jeeps getting crushed sorry to say. It's either replace all the floor pan or buy another body and put the old 4.o stroker motor in it, think I'll just get a 4 door this time "I like them better and makes more since with the kids"
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 am

damn man, that sucks... sometimes its hard to judge what condition everything is in until you start to tear into it.. kinda like my 87 civic, it needs more body type of work that I initially realized lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Sponsored content

cheromanche Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheromanche   cheromanche I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cheromanche
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Member Build Threads-
Jump to: