Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts Empty
PostSubject: Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts   Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chevrolet doesn't take modern-day Impalas and rework them into updated Bel Airs. There's not much in common between a Ford Fusion and any Ford family sedan from 1960 through 1980. So if Jeep wants to mine its past for a pair of concepts that revive not just the look of '60s -era Gladiators but Forward Control pickups, we welcome the rare trip down the nostalgia trail -- especially if powered by a 470-hp Hemi V8.Built by Jeep to mark its annual Easter party near Moab, Utah, the two concepts were built from everyday Jeep Wranglers to highlight pieces of the Mopar parts catalogue for Jeep owners. The most striking is the Jeep Mighty FC, which revives the cabover look of early '60s Jeep trucks with a custom front-end and drop-down bed from the Wrangler pickup conversion kit. If you're not a Chrysler designer, the only pieces you can buy are the two Portal Axles, designed for heavy-duty work and height, which run $11,000 to $12,000. Each.

Jeep J-12 concept A less radical transformation of the Wrangler pickup kit produces the J-12 Concept, which combines an upgraded suspension and eight-foot bed with a front end reminiscent of the first-generation Gladiator pickups. On the inside, Jeep has removed many of the Wrangler's comforts in favor of a dash and floorboard that can almost withstand a hose down, using truck-bed liner for flooring instead of carpets. It reminds everyone that once upon a time, Jeep made some of the most stylish small pickups in America. Why Jeep can't do that again remains one of Detroit's enduring mysteries.
Jeep also showed four other concepts for its parts business, including two Wranglers upgraded with a new Mopar kit that lets owners easily bolt in the 470-hp Hemi V8 in place of the standard Chrysler V-6 in models with a five-speed transmission; an update will let owners of the new 2012 model with a six-speed automatic in on the fun. Bully for them, but seems there could be room for combining all of these parts into something that could take all terrains and look fantastic doing so.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts   Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Nice. I have always liked the older jeep looks. If only they were still truly "Jeep" vehicles. Their Chrysler owners sure don't make them like the old days. I don't know if I would trust buying a Jeep today.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts   Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:21 pm

dlinsbeck wrote:
Nice. I have always liked the older jeep looks. If only they were still truly "Jeep" vehicles. Their Chrysler owners sure don't make them like the old days. I don't know if I would trust buying a Jeep today.

Definitely not what they use to be! You never heard of ball joints going bad very often in the older Jeeps... Now, the hay a similar set up to the 1/2 Dodge trk and they're shit! Jeep Patriot and Compass.. all they are is a Dodge Caliber (which is a nightmare no one wants to remember anyway) which is hugely known for its faulty suspension as well. Jeep was def better off with out Chrysler, esp now.

Last edited by MotownG5 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts   Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 pm

This made me say "muahaha" out-loud. lol
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts   Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

I've always been a fan of jeeps, especially the FSJ (Full Size Jeep) like the original Cherokee, Wagoneer and J series trucks. I would buy a J12 if they produced them.

I mean look at the first car I ever bought. 1974 Cherokee. 360AMC V8, Quadratrac 4x4, A/C, Danna 44s and i paid $600 for it. I loved that old tank
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts   Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm

yea, from back when Jeeps were worth owning... don't get me wrong the new Grand Cherokee and Wranglers, I really like, but they have been developing constant front end issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts   Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeep revives Forward Control, Gladiator pickups in Easter concepts
Page 1 of 1