Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look

Go down 
+6
SnowXRacer
Tygur
dlinsbeck
tkromer
91foxbody
MotownG5
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look Empty
PostSubject: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a move certain to elicit praise from muscle car fans with kids—and perhaps an equally huge outcry from automotive purists with a fondness for coupes—Ford Motor Company has announced plans to introduce a sedan variant of the Ford Mustang. With sales of rivals, especially the Chevrolet Camaro, eating into Ford’s share of the pony car segment, the Dearborn automaker has decided to take a radical new approach by introducing this 4-door offering in 2014.
The horsepower battle that has been raging between Ford and Chevy recently culminated in the 650-bhp Ford Mustang GT500 and 550-bhp Camaro ZL1. During the 2012 New York Auto Show, a 1000-bhp Mustang, the Shelby 1000, will be on display. While this kind of firepower is impressive for drag-strip figures, these ultimate speed machines make up only a tiny sliver of sales output.
2014 Ford Mustang Sedan
Strength Through Numbers
Ford representatives explained that the addition of two doors makes the Mustang more user-friendly, and its spacious back seat will make the car appeal to an entirely new type of buyer. The benefit, at least from Ford’s point of view, will be a noticeable boost in sales output for the ‘Stang. Even though the Mustang will no longer be such a narrowly focused niche product aimed at enthusiasts, the new Mustang sedan will offer much the same performance as its coupe sibling.
While this prototype has the look of a Boss 302, production models will more closely mimic the look of the standard Mustang. The mechanicals are not confirmed, but we can assume the base engine will be the same 305-bhp 3.7-liter V-6 found in the Mustang coupe and convertible. A 412-bhp 5.0-liter V-8 will be optional, and buyers will have a choice of 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.
2014 Ford Mustang Sedan
The ride and handling balance will undoubtedly lean toward comfort, if only because of the added length and expected weight gain. The 2014 Ford Mustang sedan is approximately 11 in. longer than the coupe, though the extra length is balanced by shorter front doors and a significantly reworked C-pillar. While a Boss 302 sedan like the one pictured is not all that likely, Ford reps have confirmed that even more changes could be in store for the Mustang.
A hybrid-powered variant, or possibly even a diesel version, could be introduced to increase the Mustang’s hitherto dismal ratings when it comes to fuel efficiency. The move might sound drastic, but stricter fuel economy regulations could force the muscle car and pony car market into even more unfamiliar territory. And think of all that torque!
Look for the 2014 Ford Mustang sedan to make an appearance later this year, possibly during the Los Angeles Auto Show, or in Detroit in early 2013. Sales begin next year, with pricing to be revealed closer to the on-sale date.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 am

I actually kinda like it... what do you think Mustang people?
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:47 am

leave the mustang 2 doors.

if Ford wants to contribute a "muscle car" with 4 doors, then all they need to do is bring over the FPV lineup from Australia. FPV= Ford Performance Vehicles. They have 4 door sedans with the mustang v8s and utes as well.

(if anyone didn't know, gm/pontiac did this when they brought the GTO back. They took a Holden from Australia and put the pontiac badges on it)
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:07 pm

It's not as ugly as I thought it would be. I agree on bring over the FPV lineup though.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 pm

The way I was looking at it.... according to this, Ford had no plans for AWD, which in my eyes is going to constantly get beat out in that market buy the R/T and SRT8 (and some SXT) Chargers who have that option. So, personally if it came down to these two four doors as my next new car... It'd be the Charger and the 5.7 HEMI w/ AWD for me. At least if I still lived in West Virginia anyway. On the other hand, maybe that's part of the other changes they referred to, but haven't released.

Agreed with Tyler... He's right on the GTO platform. Ford needs to take some notes from GM on this one.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:33 pm

forgot to post this earlier, here is a link to the FPV site

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:42 pm

I love the looks of those.... would def make a better 4door muscle option, rather than messing with the Stang
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:01 pm

Looks wise.....it looks like a 2013. They really didn't change anything. I like the new look.
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Doesn't look bad, but with no interest in 1/4 mile times or not having an independent rear end, its lost on me. Now they are trying to claw their way into M3 territory and that could be dangerous. The M3 would be my choice, but I gotta admit the Stang looks worlds more attractive.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Not gonna tread on M3 territory anytime soon, the M3 is a luxury car that goes fast. This is a muscle car that happens to have 4 doors.

Heck I don't even think this treads on Evo/STi territory.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Hell...I didn't notice the 4 doors!! Not gonna like that at all! Not sure what it will do to how the car handles. I am sure overall it would have to be a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:19 pm

It's 11" longer, probably (my guess) 300-400 lbs heavier too.

It won't help handling that's for sure, but it probably won't be night and day except in racing situations.
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Sometimes a longer wheel base helps with stability. Either way, I can see them selling a million of these things. For all the people that want a sports car but their spouse wants a 4-door for the family. There are compromises like that everywhere and this would be the answer. And yeah it isn't a luxury car to compare to the M3 but I'll bet you every publication out there will put it up against that.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Yea...The wife just saw this and said... I might have to consider it!
Back to top Go down
SnowXRacer
SnowXRacer

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:36 pm

My initial knee-jerk reaction is to be very disappointed at ford. There are so many enthusiasts anticipating the release of the 50th anniversary mustang and this isn't what they are expecting. I can't believe you would do this now.

For the past nearly 20 years I have wanted a mustang. That was always my dream car (that I could reasonably afford). A four door wasn't what I was obsessing over. The design looks like a charger to me from the side.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:26 pm

They cut the Crown Vic and realized that they didn't have a V8 sedan anymore, so now they're trying to get back into that market. Somehow, I don't think it's going to work. I don't have a problem with 4 doors, obviously, but pretty much everybody into Mustangs do. Wrong car to do that to!
Back to top Go down
SnowXRacer
SnowXRacer

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:02 am

Its probably too soon to know, but if they have to do this, I seriously hope they offer this as an option and keep the coupe as their core product.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 am

I would imagine the coupe would still be the main focus... I would sincerely hope that Ford wouldn't completely ruin their bread and butter vehicle... but then again, you never know sometimes
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:42 pm

WHAT IS THIS DEBAUCHERY?!
Back to top Go down
iSpoolin
iSpoolin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:40 pm

I like it. However reminds me ALOT of the chargers.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I would compare this car to the G8 GXP's. How many do you see around here? Not many.

This car might have a purpose for those that have a family, love mustangs, use it as a DD, and live somewhere that doesnt get snow. If you are looking for a performance vehicle you will buy the 2 door. If you are looking for a sedan with performance you buy a SHO or CTS-V.

I think they would still sell well and I personally dont hate it, but the car doesnt serve much purpose just like the G8 GXP's.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 am

It'll sell, but it won't sell in quantity that's for sure.

Does it not tread directly on the Taurus SHO's market? I mean why compete with yourself?
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 am

I still say it is a horrible idea. For one there has never been a 4 door Mustang. They are killing the heritage of the line. It doesn't look bad. I know I will refuse to buy one in 4 door. I am hoping that there are enough people complaining that they leave the 4 door to the Taurus line!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look   2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 Ford Mustang Sedan - First Look
Page 1 of 1