Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2010 Lancer Evolution SE

Go down 
+9
dlinsbeck
Gixxer
Blacked Out
Tygur
WrightHeight
D-Rod
MotownG5
91foxbody
tkromer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

2010 Lancer Evolution SE Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Well I have a "build" thread started for the Sky, may as well have one for the Evo to keep track of all the mods [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Right now all I have is rims, powder coated winter rims, Rally Armor mud flaps, Flossy shift knob, LED lighting in the interior and license plate lighting, Hella horns and of course Domo Teeth in the front grill.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here's the new stuff:
GTWorx Tarmac Springs. These are 550lb rate, stockers are 360 or 380 (don't remember), so a little stiffer, and about a 1" drop all around. Not really so interested in the drop as I am in the increased spring rate. No more 2-wheeling at autocross!

Whiteline 27mm adjustable front and rear sway bars:

Deatschwerks 850cc injectors. The goal here is to be able to run full ethanol with full botltons (stock motor stock turbo). With all the pieces in place the stock motor/turbo combo can go north of 400AWHP. I may scale for the new injectors and put them in now, or I may just leave them in box until I need them. They were a cheap snag on the Evo forum so I got them.

GM 3-port electronic boost control solenoid. This isn't a power adder per se, but it helps control boost a lot easier and it allows it to come on a little quicker/smoother. It's ECU controlled so I'll have to tune for it as well.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Very Nice
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:10 pm

91foxbody wrote:
Very Nice

agreed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 pm

400awhp and some suspension mods on an evo makes one hell of a fun car you can year round here is WV.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:53 pm

awesome...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 am

Very nice! Love to see it, especially on a real Evo and not just a FWD non-turbo Lancer someone has tarted up! Really interested! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:45 am

Thanks everyone!

I am thinking about powder coating the sway bars. Why? Well I want to test drive a color and it's where it won't show if I don't love it... Stupid or worthwhile to try out the color? I guess I'll be able to make a better decision when I see how much it will cost. If it's $30-40 it's a go, if it's $100 it's a no...

Next stop will be a full titanium test pipe -- almost 15 lbs lighter than the stock cat just for that little 2' piece of metal. I may order a titanium 3.5" intake at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:29 am

nice, nice, nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Nice build man!
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Springs are installed now, wow it's low compared to stock!
Ride is fantastic and grip is now limited by these winter tires.
Also, I don't think I ever showed off my powder coated winter rims -- stock 18x8.5 Enkeis in Starlight Bronze.

Check the wheel gap in the first picture of the first thread with this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Painted the tips of my studs Brembo red.
Advan center caps arrived. I contacted Andrew at Frontline to get them powdercoated matte black with red letters to match... haven't heard back yet.

Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Your car makes my pants larger. BigSmile
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks man, happy to help hahaha
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:47 am

Having a heck of a time getting ahold of Andrew@Frontline.

Any suggestions?

I was hoping to have my center caps painted or powdercoated by the car show [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:28 am

If you can't get a old of him, call Seth from obsession. He does powdercoating now. 618-3463
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

yea, def call Seth as well..... he stopped by the shop before I left, and it sounds like he's got one hell of a set up now
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Left a voicemail with Seth as well and haven't heard back.

Dropping my car off at Car Tunes Friday to be tinted. 35 all around except I opted for no windshield strip.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:39 am

Aaron or anyone else familiar with taillight laws:
Will these be legal since they're smoked and not red when they're not burning? I don't really know how the law works on that, they obviously look fine at night and would be perfectly safe, but sometimes the law and common sense don't align.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:51 am

tkromer wrote:
Left a voicemail with Seth as well and haven't heard back.

Dropping my car off at Car Tunes Friday to be tinted. 35 all around except I opted for no windshield strip.

I didn't get the strip on the windshield either.... CarTunes has always done a great job for me.

[quote="tkromer"]Aaron or anyone else familiar with taillight laws:
Will these be legal since they're smoked and not red when they're not burning? I don't really know how the law works on that, they obviously look fine at night and would be perfectly safe, but sometimes the law and common sense don't align.

Personally I love the look of these tails.... honestly though during the day, you may have some issues, but of the night, since they are LED I doubt you'd have troubles then. If I had the option, I'd go for the clear lenses, just to avoid any possible issues
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:53 am

Clear is available, but obviously smoke looks a little nicer.

No-red is not an issue even in daylight (meaning the "off" state need not be red only the "on" state?)?
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:17 am

they way I understand the law, as long as the light emits "red" light from the tail lights while the lights are on, and while braking... they are legal.. The red lenses really only apply to the old school Euro or altezza aftermarket lights... or oem lights that are busted up or badly faded
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 3:31 pm

tkromer wrote:
Aaron or anyone else familiar with taillight laws:

[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-MITSUBISHI-LANCER-EVO-10-X-LED-SMOKED-CLEAR-TAIL-LIGHTS-/310399015204?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4845391924&vxp=mtr

Those will be fine. My tails have been tinted for 3+ years now and never had a cop say anything about them.
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:23 pm

As far as I have researched, they are usually fine. The few criteria you have to meet are: Must have the visible red reflector areas at all times on the rear. Must have visible white reverse lights. Amount of red light from tail lights and brake lights must be visible from a specified distance (don't remember how far, something like 150yards).

So pretty much as long as your lights are well visible when lit, you have a good reverse light, and you have stock or otherwise reflectors on the back, should be good. I blacked out the tails on our Escape a while back and bought a strip of red reflector tape to put on just in case (which was invisible in the day since the escape was same color red as the reflector). Never had any problems.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks guys, I think these are pretty high on my list. Leaning towards the smoked ones.

I ordered neochrome bolts for EVERYTHING under the hood (60ish nut/bolt/washer sets).

Also ordered a carbon fiber radiator shroud (decorative essentially, replaces the stock plastic one).
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:57 pm

The engine bay decorations are in [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Lancer Evolution SE   2010 Lancer Evolution SE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Lancer Evolution SE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next