Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'68 Plymouth Sport Fury

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
2many2choose
2many2choose

'68 Plymouth Sport Fury Empty
PostSubject: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok, not much of a build thread, more of a here it is thread with some possible building lol

What is it? A boat. That's what it is lol She's a '68 Plymouth crownvicbeater... erm, I mean Sport Fury III. 318c.i. V8. 727 3-speed auto. 8 3/4 rear. She's a big girl and I gotta butter her hips to get her in the garage but it feels right. Not a whole lotta "Sport" in it though, it could've used a 383 or 440 upgrade when it was ordered and Chrysler could've put a sway bar on.... probably needs some shocks too.... but it's the easiest driving thing I've ever drove. Fantastic mpg. To be honest, the 318 gets up and flys. The handling isn't sporty but it is comfy! Imagine a floating couch lol

She was bought new by my great uncle Jess. He was an old guy when he bought it so it didn't take long to be passed down to my grandfather who then decided to skip my dad and give it to me when I was 7. (Favorite child is always the grandchild!) Not too shabby as a first car, eh? BigSmile

44 years old with (I think) ironically 44k miles. By the way, she's a survivor. All numbers matching. Factory paint. Original couches and desk... I mean seats and dash. Along with the carpet and everything else in the interior. No restoration here, it's circa 1968 through and through.

So where's the "build"? I'm seriously considering a dual pipe exhaust from TTI. It still has the factory single exhaust pipe. Which isn't much "exhaust" it's more of a little pipe that stinks up the place and sounds like you're humming a low note through a pipe. Also thinking about getting dad's vintage American Racing Tulip mags (I think they're called the 200S now?) and putting them on it. It's gotta have some "Sport" to it!
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Pretty awesome. Those things are tanks....... Nice thing is.. if you decide to play chicken with a freight train or Crown Vic, you should come out on top!
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 pm

dlinsbeck wrote:
Pretty awesome. Those things are tanks....... Nice thing is.. if you decide to play chicken with a freight train or Crown Vic, you should come out on top!

Boxer I'm up for it!
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:54 pm

cough, cough, slow, cough, cough...
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 am

Alex98CVPI wrote:

Blowme
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:46 pm

lol now now boys! Cop
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:17 pm

2many2choose wrote:
Alex98CVPI wrote:

MotownG5 wrote:
lol now now boys! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol. I'm willing to call a truce until racing season if you are, Kaleb. I'm afraid this is going to get out of hand soon, haha.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:26 am

Alex98CVPI wrote:
2many2choose wrote:
Alex98CVPI wrote:

MotownG5 wrote:
lol now now boys! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lol. I'm willing to call a truce until racing season if you are, Kaleb. I'm afraid this is going to get out of hand soon, haha.

Rofl It IS fun, but deal lol
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 am

You guys could always put a wagger on it. I have a couple races that have a Cheese-steak riding on them. lol
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:33 pm

2many2choose wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It IS fun, but deal lol

Alright then, it's on now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '68 Plymouth Sport Fury   '68 Plymouth Sport Fury I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'68 Plymouth Sport Fury
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Member Build Threads-
Jump to: