Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best way to clean leather?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

Best way to clean leather? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi guys!

My winter beater (99 Toyota Solara) has a tan leather interior and has seen better days. It's in pretty decent shape, no rips or anything, but it just looks gross. The dirt is ground into the leather and makes it look dirty.

None of my past cars have had leather, what's the best way to get that out? Steam clean? Regular soap and water? I bought some Meguiars leather conditioner wipes but it didn't do much of anything. Suggestions? Domokun
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:45 pm

I have alcantra in my oldest car, so not a lot of experience with truly dirty seats.

However, in the Sky I use this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It works really well on keeping the seats looking soft and new. They've never really been dirty, just surface dust at worst.

I highly recommend detailer's domain, if you email them and ask, they'll answer you pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the link! I've never heard if detailers domain, I use autogeek.net for most of my stuff.

Do you think that is strong enough to get dirt OUT of the leather? The seats just look dingy...
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 pm

the best stuff I found when I had my GTP, was the meguire's gold leather cleaner and conditioner
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:11 am

Lexol is some of the best stuff out there for leather
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 am

Lexol is pretty good too, I have a friend that uses that.

Autogeek is usually on par with detailer's domain for prices, but the guy at detailer's domain is just so nice. Personal preference, or use both -- I'm not a one stop shop guy if I'm shopping online.

I just ordered myself a Flex. Detailing will be much less backbreaking next year!
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 am

Lexol is what I use, works great. I then use Wolfgang conditioner. Gives you the leather smell with the conditioner as well. FYI autogeek is .net not .com. I have used them in the past with exceptional service and you typically get something free with any order. I got some wolfgang tire shine and it works quite well. Stays on longer than any other product I have used.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:52 am

I just got in some leather honey that is supposed to do quite well at conditioning and protecting leather. Going to try it out on my car and if it works out then put it in the other car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to clean leather?   Best way to clean leather? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to clean leather?
Page 1 of 1