Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New personal best

Go down 
+2
Blacked Out
D-Rod
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
2many2choose

New personal best - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:48 am

D-Rod wrote:
No I just load the gears. Usually shifting is my strongpoint but if you listen to the video my 1-2 shift was lacking on that run.

Even though you don't powershift you're a quick shifter! lol
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:39 pm

FedEx says Wednesday for my tires.
Weather channel says 55 and dry Saturday.

Are you going again Dave? Anyone else going?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Im 90% going as of now.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Oh yea, I forgot to tell you tommy. They were really slacking on the rules saturday. Troy made that pass in my car and went 11.34 @134 and didnt even have a helmet on. lol

Last edited by D-Rod on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Assuming I get into the 12's I'll be happy. I won't be making any 11's, and I'll have a helmet just in case.

The fastest auto on the Sky forum right now is 13.08, so I at least have to beat that.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Tires arrived today!

245/40/18 M/T ET Streets weigh 24.2 lbs. Significantly better than the stock 27.4 lbs!

Now I just need to get lightweight rims one of these days, those poor chrome stock rims are 24.6 lbs and only 18x8s. I have 18x9.5 Evo rims on the way that weigh 6 lbs less!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:23 pm

So do you have rims to mount these on for saturday?
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Yeah I have 8 stock rims. I'll take a pair to Glotfelty Friday. Took the day off work to catch up on stuff so I can waste Saturday in Pittsburgh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How do you normally transport an extra set of rims up there? I know they won't fit in my Sky...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm

You can run those ET streets to the track. I have always ran my DR's to and from the track. Last saturday I had my buddy bring them in his truck but I never swapped them out. Then believe it or not, I hauled a set of wheels/tires, a 3 ton jack, and a tool set in the back of the corvette. lol
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I know I can, but I don't really want to put 200 miles of wear and tear on them if I don't need to. I guess if I don't have a haul-vehicle I will put them on here and drive with them. I'd rather swap up there and save some tread. Your vette has a ton more storage than my Sky, as crazy as that sounds.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Did you have them heat cycle the tires before they shipped them? If not it def wont hurt to get some heat in them on the way up and then cool before the first pass. I think Mickey Thompson charges like $20 if you want your tires heat cycled so they are ready to run right when you get them.

You wont believe the mileage some people get out of ET streets. Wait till you see mine. They are from '07, all dried out, and to the wear bars. But when I get some heat in them they handle all the power I throw at them as long as the prep is decent.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 pm

I didn't, I ordered them from Summit because I had a 10% coupon code. Didn't even see the option, but I figured a couple runs and they're heat cycled anyway.

So you really don't think it's an issue to drive them up there? Not something I want to buy every 3-4 years when the car only gets 4000 miles a year.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 pm

If you do a search you will see plenty of people who get well over 10K miles and some approaching 20K out of a set of ET streets. It depends how much power you have and if you run the car hard all the time. Those will last you a long time if you only drive them to the track and home unless you make 100 passes/year on them.

One thing to think about before leaving the house on ET streets is the forcast. I got caught in the rain on the way home from Mason Dixon and had to go 40mph on the interstate. Scott has seen me in the rain on my M&H's. Its not fun. (Actually it is). Anyways, I run my M&H drag radials all the time time now. They were used when I bought them and I have prob put 2K miles on them and a bunch of passes at the FLD's and 4 passes at PRP and they dont really look like they have worn that much.

Here is the first thread I found on a quick search. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 pm

10k sounds great. 3k sounds concerning.

3k is 10 trips up there and back + a few trips to Waynesburg, basically 1-2 years. 10k is more like 4-6 years, and that's great.

I'm not making the HP that guys on your forums are, but I'm also running 100mm less tread 245s vs 345s... They definitely won't be street tires, I'll stick to the F1's until they're shot. The good thing, being boosted, as long as I stay out of boost I won't spin the tires at all. I can't imagine I even make 175hp without boost.

Weather looks good, I don't drive the Sky in the rain period, so not an issue.

I'll drive them and see how it goes, if they seem to be wearing fast after a couple trips I'll stop doing it.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 am

Tires are on the car! Ready to go [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:14 pm

A new personal best today. Car went 10.53 @132 with a 1.56 60'. I am a happy man.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:26 pm

I saw that one! Adam will have videos up soon I think. He's going to bring mine on a DVD, I'll upload them to youtube later/tomorrow. What fun!
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 am

This one has your 10.53 but this is the one where you made sure you got everything ready so your 60 time was 2522. The one where everything lined up nicely was when I was trying to erase things off my CF card when 16gb of video was already consumed.

Your other times for the runs I recorded are [Of course you have the slips as well]:
First run
10.79 @ 134.81
Second run
10.67 @ 133.57
Third run
10.68 @ 132.98
Fourth run
10.56 @ 133.45
Fifth run
10.53 @ 132.78
Seventh run
10.54 @ 133.14

Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:41 am

2522 is the reaction time as in 2.522 seconds before he left.

60' time is in the 1.5's
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:57 am

Yep. I dont worry about reaction time. I am just going for ET so I can sit there for 20 seconds if I want and still get a 10 sec slip.

Thanks for getting the video Adam. I needed a video of the pass to be legit for the corvetteforum fast list since its a top 10 pass. Check it out where I will be as long as they accept it.........

Internal Engine Mods plus Bolt-Ons
========================
Rank~~ E.T.~~ Trap~ 60'~ Driver~~~~~ M.Yr. Details Thread Video
1~~~~ ~9.977 139.39 1.44 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~~~ 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2~~~~ 10.465 133.70 1.57 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~~~~~~~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3~~~~ 10.525 132.71 1.57 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~ 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4~~~~ 10.560 132.78 1.56 Strange ~~~~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~
5~~~~ 10.580 132.70 1.65 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~~~~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
6~~~~ 10.594 134.70 1.58 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~ 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
7~~~~ 10.629 130.91 1.59 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~~~~~~~ 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
8~~~~ 10.644 133.43 1.74 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~ 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
9~~~~ 10.672 132.14 1.61 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~ 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
10 ~~~ 10.695 132.67 1.70 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~

11~~~ 10.695 130.52 1.57 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~~~ 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
12~~~ 10.743 131.43 1.57 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~~~~ 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
13~~~ 10.752 133.65 1.62 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~~~~ 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
14~~~ 10.818 130.19 1.60 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
15~~~ 10.841 132.95 1.82 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~
16~~~ 10.957 132.87 1.73 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~ 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
17~~~ 11.077 131.91 1.83 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
18~~~ 11.115 129.64 1.91 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at 0.55
19~~~ 11.161 129.53 1.80 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~~~~~ 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~
20~~~ 11.461 126.47 2.03 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ ~~~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

21~~~ 11.507 130.01 2.13 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
22~~~ 11.578 125.26 1.96 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~~~~~~ 2008 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]~~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are two bolt-on Z06's that are faster so right now my Z06 is the 6th fastest documented naturally aspirated Z06. Not bad for full street trim and not running skinnies on the fronts and having stock gearing. BTW- If you look at the first place guy you will see he trapped 139mph which is almost unbelievable for a NA car. Come to find out the car has nitrous but he swore he didnt spray. There was a big debate about it on corvetteforum but they still accepted the timeslip.

After listening to the video, the only shift I hit good was the 3-4. I think the car still has more in it.......or should I say the driver has more in him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 am

Here is what ticks me off. If I could bring it all together and shift like I did in this one I could have a 10.4 pass.

Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:07 am

Congrats Dave!

I wish the Sky/Solstice following was as big as the Vette following (or even the Evos). Our list is much more informal.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:30 am

tkromer wrote:
Congrats Dave!

I wish the Sky/Solstice following was as big as the Vette following (or even the Evos). Our list is much more informal.

Check this out. And this is just the C6 Z06 fastlist only. Of course there are some people who arnt on the forum that are fast but a large portion of the racers are on corvetteforum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Ours is like that on the Evo forum. Nothing like that on the Sky and Solstice forums. Just kind of a hey I'm fastest, and then someone new bumps that eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New personal best   New personal best - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New personal best
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2