Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spare a garage?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Im going to be pulling the rear axle off the jeep this fall/winter to replace all the bearings and seals, and im going to install an automatic locker along with replacing the rear brakes.

Can anyone spare the warmth of a garage? (i will pull the axle off the jeep at my place, and will put it in my truck)

what i need to do: tear down the axle, strip it of rust and old paint, repaint it, replace bearings and seals, put it back together, check for gear lash, install the locker and put on the new brake parts.

I can repay by helping you with something you need an extra set of hands working on, shoveling snow, food etc.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 pm

looks like i'll do it in my living room
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Depending on when my renter moves in you may be able to use my rental house's garage. I should be finding out today or tomorrow when they are moving in.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 pm

that's awesome man.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:02 pm

How long will you need it?
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:42 am

it should only take a couple days max to get it done. day one would be stripping it and tearing it down, repainting. then take it to a pro to get the gear lash measured correctly and then final assembly.

I can help you wrench on that new toy (3rd gen) of yours too lol
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:40 am

Ok I am showing the house tomorrow and should know when I have someone moving in.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:03 am

that's awesome man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spare a garage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spare a garage?   Spare a garage? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare a garage?
Page 1 of 1