Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair

Go down 
+2
Blacked Out
weaveleftnright
6 posters
AuthorMessage
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair Empty
PostSubject: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:32 pm

So on October 15th or 16th my car got hit in some parking lot and tomorrow the adjuster is going to take a look at it. Not horrible but enough I think the whole thing needs to be replaced. Thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm

If they did not fix it (replace it with a new one, not repair it) I would shit a brick.

Linsbeck just went through this with his insurance. Raise hell and you will prevail..
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm

they wont replace it... its an easy fix. but if i were to write the estimate i would have written it for a new one and a blend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:19 pm

To hell with that! If it were my car I would demand replacement. These insurance companies are getting off way to easy for the amount we pay for the insurance. The car had a good panel before the accident and body putty doesn't justify a good panel. I would demand a new one and not settle. If need be, get a lawyer!
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Putty and what not would have worked had it not been for the "knuckle" that is by the reflector. We will see how it goes. Adjuster is for Geico and I ended up going through the uninsured since it is a $300 deductible instead of my $500 for collision.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:45 pm

yea its not up to the body shop... its up to the insurance. like i said i would write it for a new one. but you get the money that the insurance gives and no more
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Unless you get a lawyer. My bodyshop argued that point with the insurance and they ended up replacing the parts. You CAN get what you want when it comes to the repair, you just have to fight.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:54 pm

My other question is why did you have to pay a deductible? I was hit by someone else and there was no money that left my hands. That is kinda crappy if your having to pay out your deductible for something that isn't your fault.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:56 pm

The $300 will just be deducted from the amount of the check they cut. I have no idea. It really agitates me javascript:emoticonp(':atomic:') and makes me wonder why I pay so much if I still have to pay for something that I never did, nor my fault.

dlinsbeck wrote:
My other question is why did you have to pay a deductible? I was hit by someone else and there was no money that left my hands. That is kinda crappy if your having to pay out your deductible for something that isn't your fault.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:01 pm

That sucks. As you can tell I have a hatred for insurance companies too! I fought for a few weeks to get my car straightened out. I refused a putty and dent pull, forced the to give me a rental, and wouldn't accept the final check until I had gotten the fender replaced. Like I said before, the body shop argued the point for me as well so they really had no choice and I definitely wasn't paying any money out of my pocket!

I know it is a real pain in the rear! No pun intended! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:31 am

I didnt think they would be able to fix a kink or buckly in a plastic bumper like that. I would guess they would have to replace it. But Eric would know more than anyone since he works at a collision shop.

Adam, just trade that thing on an STi already!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:05 am

Well they were going to 'fix' it by warming the plastic up and remolding it but I didn't like that idea and he said there is only a $70 difference between that and replacing it so if a new bumper would 'satisfy' my and rate him a 10 done deal.

On the STi topic, had to pick up a guy from Dan Cava this morning and what is sitting there, 2008 STi with 9k miles, but it's a hatch and insurance! YIKES! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Suck it up! The insurance on the Evo is even worse.

I would wait for a sedan though, the hatch [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Actually just did a quick quote, only $150 more a year, and I agree the hatch is scratch.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:31 pm

D-Rod wrote:
I didnt think they would be able to fix a kink or buckly in a plastic bumper like that. I would guess they would have to replace it. But Eric would know more than anyone since he works at a collision shop.

Adam, just trade that thing on an STi already!!!! lol

yea like he said... all you need is a heat gun and a rubber hammer is usually my choice. you just heat it up to the point of melting and i just massage it around with the head of the rubber hammer. works pretty good. you just get it close then a skim coat of flexible polyester filler called icing. prime and paint.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:41 am

StitchWerx wrote:
i just massage it around with the head

BAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:36 pm

man thats not right lol, funny.... but not right. thats a terrible out of context
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair   Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accident Oct 2011 - Pictures before repair
Page 1 of 1