Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX

Go down 
+7
tkromer
MotownG5
dlinsbeck
D-Rod
91foxbody
Blacked Out
Gixxer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR

Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 pm

$1000 more then a STi 6 speed from the dealer... It only has 17k miles and has $20k+ in suspension parts!

STi rear end is in the WRX and got some other parts off. Tomorrow the wrx motor and trans is coming out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 pm

flipping beast mode... congrats on all the work getting done...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 pm

WrightHeight wrote:
flipping beast mode... congrats on all the work getting done...

once again, agreed sir.... this is absolutely awesome man
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:58 pm

thanks guys!

Swap Day 3
WRX engine and trans along with the entire front subframe is out. Got some wiring off the STi, Oil changed in the STi motor, New Spark Plugs, welded some small holes in the exhaust, installed my up-pipe on the new motor and some other little things done

Cut this off for ChrisGo's new car
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 am

WRX Dash is apart, STi Brake master cylinder and ABS is installed with new hard lines, Painted my TBE with high temp header paint, Started mounting the IC sprayer tank, Trans & Turbo & some other parts off the wrx motor and got some other things done.

Before
After

Getting ready to ship to Illinois
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Day 5
Got the dash and wiring out of both cars. Got the STi wiring started as well. Put the inlet on the STi motor which was a PITA compared to a wrx motor b/c there is a lot more shit in the way, Grimmspeed AOS and catch can also installed and did some other stuff as well but mostly worked on wiring.

Also first time I removed the drain bolt on the catch can and it was bone dry. So the AOS does its job and the rumors about it letting oil through is a lie IMO. There was absolutely no sign of any oil ever being in there.

STi stripped

WRX with STi wring harness
^sanded and painted above the hood latch b/c there was a little bit of rust that you could see even with the radiator cover on. Only other place was on the bumper beam behind the styrofoam which I'm going to take care of tomorrow.

STi motor
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:51 am

wow. Impressive build.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks man!

Today we only worked on it for 3 hours. Got the drive by wire gas pedal installed, worked on the wiring some more, took care of some rust on the front bumper beam, took apart some wrx parts and hauled them back home.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Day 7

George got a lot done before I got over there after work! Motor, Trans, TBE, 1 front brake, 1 wheel, control arms with new anti lift kit and some other things. We are shooting for Wednesday to fire it up!

Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 pm

I wanted to say how awesome this is, but its difficult with all the drool on the keyboard.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 am

are we selling admission tickets for rides after its done yet?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Might just have to do that but dunno when I will ever be done. This is just my first goal which is to get the STi swap done. Goal #2 400-450whp with stock motor on E85 by next summer. Goal #3 built block and thats all im revealing for now but this will be way down the road from now unless something breaks (knock on wood)

Tygur wrote:
I wanted to say how awesome this is, but its difficult with all the drool on the keyboard.

lmao and thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:54 am

Didn't take any pics at the garage today but got a good bit done.

Engine is complete besides front O2 sensor needs swapped and TMIC needs installed.
Wideband, boost, oil pressure, exhaust temperature sender units all installed.
Brakes are done except one line b/c need a washer. I took one off the wrx brakes this evening so that might work we will see.
Heater box is installed.
Ran wires for sound system.
Going to finish wiring tomorrow and put the dash and interior back in. If we get that all done we are going to fire up the motor for the first time since I got it.

Got the day off work tomorrow so I can go help get the rest done. Since we might be getting it drive-able I had to work on my headlights....

Driver side STi headlight was destroyed in the wreck so I bought another broke set but the dside was suppose to be fine. The bezel was cracked and the guy tried to clear it which he obviously had no idea what he was doing. I sold my wrx lights to 03suby and he gave me a RS light to use for parts.

Left to right: Good STi, RS & Bad STi

Since I had to bake them apart decided to clear them and paint the bezels and side markers.
Before
After

Had to use the RS light for the lens and bezel which I installed on the Bad STi light.

The RS lens was faded and scratched up some but nothing I can't fix. Wet sanded the RS light with 1000 then 2000 grit. The STi only got 2000 grit.

Then put them back together but need to get orange bulbs.

I still have to buff them which I will do after I get them mounted on the car then they will look like new.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Day 9
Buffed the headlights

Bled the brakes & the coolant

Engine bay completely done

Made good progress on the wiring enough to fire it up! But don't have everything wired up yet so thats why there are so many lights.

sound is echo'd bc all the garage doors were shut
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 am

SOooooooooo much work lol. very cool though. enjoy your new beast, especially at a low price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 am

Making some good progress!
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 pm

very impressed with this build man
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:19 pm

It's all done except for some little things. Drove it about 70 miles so far and its a completely different car. No boost lag, way lower, sticks to the ground, louder/deeper tone, love the dccd and the 6 speed.

Whats left to do:
Fog light switch
Intercooler sprayer not working probably got damaged in the wreck
Bypass the immobilizer for remote start
Wire the power mirrors and mount the switch in the door
Might need a new front axle
Whiteline ball joint in the mail b/c one got damaged but running an oem one for now
Alignment

Bye STi

Last edited by Gixxer on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 12:20 am

awesome. i love the forklift pic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:28 am

Great build start to finish! And fast!
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm

awesome job man...
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 am

thanks man and I forgot to post these pics

got my other set of BBS wheels but he didn't paint the back and didn't do a very good job on the front so I resprayed them...
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 pm

impressive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 7:30 pm

def. like them black...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX   Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gixxer's 04 PSM WRX
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Member Build Threads-
Jump to: