Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'67 Barracuda dragcar

Go down 
+9
Alex98CVPI
Snaxx
Blacked Out
dlinsbeck
WrightHeight
MotownG5
91foxbody
D-Rod
2many2choose
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
r/tguy02

'67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:27 am

D-Rod wrote:
r/tguy02 wrote:
wow nice build, reminds me a lot of my brothers 63 polara drag car. hes using a 440 block punched out to 482 with B1 heads and intake. His best run last season was a 9.1 before his engine also let go, didnt get out at all this season.

Wow....got any video's of that car? 9.1 is no joke!

yes and no, all the video i have is on my HI-8 tapes. my brother however has some stuff on his computer, but i dont have access to it. i've got a few pics of the car/engine though i'll upload.

as for the body, from the firewall back its all the original metal bodywork, its got a full tube chassis, the front is all fiberglass except the grill which is original. doors still work also. if memory serves me correctly it weighs 2400lbs
Back to top Go down
http://neontuners.com
r/tguy02
r/tguy02

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Shakedown passes have been made. Let off at 1000ft and short shifting by 500rpms, ran 9.97.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

So what would you guess is all out? 9.50?
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah but hows the handling? Haha kidding, that thing is beastly, very nice :)
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm

tkromer wrote:
So what would you guess is all out? 9.50?

Probably will be 9.50 all out. Don't really want to go into the different safety class by passing 9.99 but I guess that's the price of speed.

Tygur wrote:
Yeah but hows the handling? Haha kidding, that thing is beastly, very nice :)

lol thanks! That'd be really interesting, it's only 2700lbs, has torsion bars up front and coilovers in the rear. That'd be fun to see if it can take a turn lol
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:29 am

Great times Sunday. I wanted to be there but my buddy backed out on me right before we were going to leave.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 4:48 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Great times Sunday. I wanted to be there but my buddy backed out on me right before we were going to leave.

Still got the whole season ahead, you'll get there lol
Back to top Go down
Bulldog1

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:16 am

That is a bad ride. Very nice build. keep the video's coming
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Bulldog1 wrote:
That is a bad ride. Very nice build. keep the video's coming

Thanks! Will do!
Back to top Go down
r/tguy02
r/tguy02

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:43 pm

shoot for the moon man and hang on lol
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:02 pm

An in-car shot from a shakedown pass. Got out and back in so it wouldn't over-rev or lose the race lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'67 Barracuda dragcar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Member Build Threads-
Jump to: