Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PRP 4/30!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
WrightHeight
D-Rod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:38 am

Ok it looks like the weather is finally going to cooperate. We are meeting at my buddies shop at 8:45 in Masontown, PA.

Dont expect to get alot of runs in so its going to be more of a car show since we will be sitting for an hour and a half between runs. My buddy is bringing his Z06. Its a 9 second street car.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:48 pm

i've seen it posted on another website...

i've got my car show down this way that day and need to be home early to get sleep b/c leaving for our cruise sunday...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Ok so far we have me, Terry (need him to join the site), Greg, and Troy.

Greg may have a buddy coming and I am going to try to talk Eric into going. Also, Crystal and Kurt may come if they get done at Rhodenheavers in time.

Anyone else??????
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:49 pm

i'd love too... but just not going to be able too... after i get back from my vacation- i'm game- the next track day you go up i'm headed to for sure... and hold me to that... don't let me back out... cuz in june and july i really don't have a lot going on...
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:58 am

Dangit i gotta work!
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:05 am

i need to practice launching the bike some more first...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Gixxer wrote:

Its test and tune........this is practice! lol

You might as well come and pop your cherry with Greg and Troy. (I think this is Troys first time at the track with his car)
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Gixxer wrote:

You might as well come and pop your cherry with Greg and Troy. (I think this is Troys first time at the track with his car)

get a video of that- do you think he'll get traction... if so should be a pretty quick time...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:36 pm

thewrightcamaro wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
Gixxer wrote:

get a video of that- do you think he'll get traction... if so should be a pretty quick time...

Yea traction wont be an issue for him. The bike will wheelie before it would spin on a prepped track. Just like with cars....he will get faster the more he runs. Thats the fun of it. The first couple runs you are disapointed and then you get happier as you get better as a rider/driver.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:03 pm

D-Rod wrote:
thewrightcamaro wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
Gixxer wrote:

Yea traction wont be an issue for him. The bike will wheelie before it would spin on a prepped track. Just like with cars....he will get faster the more he runs. Thats the fun of it. The first couple runs you are disapointed and then you get happier as you get better as a rider/driver.

my fault was asking about troy's car...

i know if you luanch well on a bike it'll be quick didn't know how fast the heavy challenger can turn with the kenny bell on it
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Yea I think we all will be searching for traction........Well except Greg. That AWD will grip and go.

Troy and Terry running that much power without slicks will be interesting off the line. Hopefully track prep is good.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:02 am

yeah well if you got time or someone takes videos, i wanna see them... and good luck hope it all goes well
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:49 am

cant make it tomorrow anyway b/c im taking the G for tint finally but i will come sometime this summer. i want some more practice with my new gearing first before i hit the track.

ive heard of people putting a strap on the forks to compress them to keep the bike on 2 wheels. do they allow that?

also if i do a wheelie down the entire track will the kick me out? lol
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:22 am

You wont have to fight the front end to much except in 1st gear. You went -1 +2 with your gearing right?

Ive seen some 8 second bikes that dont set the front wheel down till 1/8 mile. But if you ride a stand up wheelie all the way down the track I dont think they will be to happy with you. lol

Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:33 am

i havent tried to launch it yet with the new gearing but ya -1 +2. i bet it will lift on the shift into 2nd as well. I was just wondering b/c i know its going to wheelie some.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:50 am

You must be alot lighter than me. lol (Which is an advantage at the strip) I can keep it down in second on my buddies 1000RR with the same gearing......unless I want it to come up of course. lol

Do you use your clutch on upshifting? Most people dont but I just 1 finger bump it most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:24 am

ive upshifted before without using the clutch and probably wouldn't use the clutch to upshift at the track. what do you think it will run with a good launch?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:56 am

Gixxer wrote:
ive upshifted before without using the clutch and probably wouldn't use the clutch to upshift at the track. what do you think it will run with a good launch?

Low 11's or high 10's once you get some seat time. At least thats around the better numbers I have seen from a 600 at PRP. Alot of them are low 12's though.
Back to top Go down
Mustang SS

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Well bad news. Not going to be able to go now. Rhodeheavers just cancelled my chip install and i've already inistalled my old one.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:02 pm

That sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Come on man......you have like 8 cars you can race. lol
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Gixxer wrote:

Low 11's or high 10's once you get some seat time. At least thats around the better numbers I have seen from a 600 at PRP. Alot of them are low 12's though.

im thinking in the 10s but to break 10 would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PRP 4/30!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 4/30!!!!!!   PRP 4/30!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRP 4/30!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Racing-
Jump to: