Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When did tint get so expensive?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

When did tint get so expensive? Empty
PostSubject: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Started calling some places and everyplace is $200+! I was going to go back to autopro in westover where I got the legacy done for $120 but I heard he stopped giving a lifetime warranty on the tint and plus he is not open yet. Also heard his work has gone down hill but he did an awesome job on the legacy.

This is for the G35x - 35% on the doors, 20% on the back glass and a 5% strip across the front
KAR - $220
Auto Trim - $225
The Speed Shop - I couldn't make an appointment b/c they don't know when the next opening is then i asked the price and he said $250. I lol'd and hung up the phone.
I know Tony's Street Dreamz is $200 plus but im not going there...

I'm going to try to call Auto Pro and see what the deal is and if he is back tinting in westover. If not im thinking about going to KAR b/c she does the best work around but i wasnt planning on dropping $220 on tint.

Does anyone else know of any good shops that do a really good job for a good price?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Yea man its rediculous. I think I have over $400 in tint on the Z06 after windows and lights.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:04 pm

well the guys that did mine did a great job and great price. but, the status of the shop is kinda in limbo at the moment
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 pm

2% all the way
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:47 pm

down here at parkersburg, i had a gift certificate for $130 to do all the windows in the camaro and he said that it wouldn't be that much once he was finished... he did a great job... imo... but i also ended up getting it done for free b/c im going to do a couple local shows and hand out pamphlets for him...- may be a longer drive, but would save some green if the cheapest is 200+
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:08 am

^what the place called? i might have to call them!

Dark Sol wrote:
2% all the way

I got a $200 tint ticket from this statey once in my rsx when i had no clue it was 20% b/c i bought it like that. I tried to explain to him but he didn't believe me. the same cop pulled me over a week later and walked up to the car and asked about the tint. i said you dont remember pulling me over last week and according to your meter its 20%. He was like i pulled you over last week for tint? why didnt you fix it? I said b/c im in college and im broke you gave me a $200 ticket instead of a warning to get it fixed. So i payed the fine this week and when i get enough money ill go get it redone. Then he gave me a warning and I had to go show him it was legal later. I wasn't speeding or anything both times he pulled me over. The first time i was on 79 with my girlfriend and it was noon. He asked if i had been drinking? I said its No then he asked if he could search the car I said NO. Then he was like im calling the k9s then. I had nothing to hide and didnt want a dog tearing up my car so i said oh just go ahead im not hiding anything. He looked under the seats, in the glovebox, her purse and that was it. while me and my g/f were standing on the side of 79! then he gave me a ticket. his name is officer boyles and i filled a complaint and the lady said for tint right? so i guess he is known for this!

/rant but thats why i try to keep the tint legal and will never own a red car again!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:38 pm

outlaw window tinting- it's on 7th street in parkersburg...
i can give them a call and see what kinda price it would be- you want 35% on the front what about the rest...
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:45 pm

its an 07 G35x sedan - 35% on the doors, 20% on the back glass and a 5% (or something close) strip across the front

Thanks man! I really appreciate it!!!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Gixxer wrote:
its an 07 G35x sedan - 35% on the doors, 20% on the back glass and a 5% (or something close) strip across the front

Thanks man! I really appreciate it!!!

i'll give them a call tomorrow
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:32 am

i didn't get around to calling yesterday- don't know if they are open today, but i've got time today- if not i'll know something by monday afternoon
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:55 am

Kristi @ KAR did an awesome job today tinting the G! She is the best around here so I recommend her to anyone plus you get a lifetime warranty!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:49 am

Sweet looks good. What %
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:13 pm

35% on the doors and 20% on the back with a 5% strip on the front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did tint get so expensive?   When did tint get so expensive? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When did tint get so expensive?
Page 1 of 1