Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) Empty
PostSubject: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think this looks awesome, and I really like the work dedicated puts out.
WHat would be a good donor truck for this? something old? new? 80's?

What would cost be to do something like this? How much could be done by the shop, and how much by me.
I would not want a finished truck, but a completed suspension and the truck primered.

I like the elaborateness of this.. is it alot more than the photo above?

Looks like you take care in the extra details like the photos below.

Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
DedicateD
Dedicated Car Club
DedicateD

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 am

Heres a better picture of the Datsun, it was pretty involved with everything being built by hand, from the stars down to the 3 link setup as no one makes a kit for a datsun plus thats not my style.

Theres so many varibles when it comes to building a truck, what money you want to spend and what work you want to do yourself. If i were starting a project like you mentioned id set back $2k to start with.

Im more than happy to answer any questions you have.. fire away and really it doesnt matter what year, the older they are the harder the bolts are to get out lol.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:11 am

looks good, I will have a few more questions.. let me think.. lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 am

I'd honestly like to do it to something like this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DedicateD
Dedicated Car Club
DedicateD

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:09 pm

wow, a 3/4 ton 5 window. Id defintely build a frame for that or put it on a 1/2 ton 73-87 C10 frame. very cool
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Not actually that truck, but thats what I am wanting to do for car shows.. I want the bed to be hollow where you can see the ground when you look in it.. so your work shows off..

I want an old truck like that though.
Back to top Go down
DedicateD
Dedicated Car Club
DedicateD

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:44 pm

gotcha!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 pm

i think that would look pretty cool... i like the older trucks that are slammed with the nice wheels on them- a lot of people don't but they catch my eye

something like this:
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)   Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curious about lowrider's and need help (Dedicated)
Page 1 of 1