Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MotownG5 Projects

Go down 
+16
tkromer
2many2choose
dlinsbeck
91foxbody
bobdogwv
xxchevroletxx
Skinner
Gixxer
jolly roger
wv_wagon
Blacked Out
D-Rod
Southtown57
WrightHeight
wvtrap
MotownG5
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jolly roger

MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Furthermore, No dealership, nor a regional manufacturer's representative, nor a vehicle manufacturer can EVER void any part nor whole of a vehicle's warranty.

It's against federal law.

Lookup the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and the Clean Air Act Warranty Provisions of 1975.

Any of the above mentioned parties can only refuse to honor an individual warranty claim on a singular item/part IF AND ONLY IF the problem that resulted and subsequently required the replacement of that part was solely as a result of a given modification.

If there is no direct cause and effect, the warranty claim must be honored.

The burden of proof concerning this cause and effect relationship is on the dealer, NOT the vehicle owner.

If the dealership refuses to honor the warranty claim or continues to give you a hard time, quote the above mentioned federal laws to them and get a lawer.

The only exception to this law is that a manufacturer MAY deny a warranty claim for the use of a specific product IF AND ONLY IF that product has been prohibited for use by the FTC (Federal Trade Commision).

It's quite sad that dealerships try to scare people into not modifying their vehicles as though they actually have the authority to partially or fully void a warranty. They don't have any where with all to do anything of the sort.

These federal laws exist to protect the customer, not the dealership nor the manufacturer.
Now, an entirely different situation is the effect of modifications to the emmisions output of the vehicle.

Obviously a cat-less exhaust system is not going to pass emmisions laws and is therefore "illegal", however, this sort of thing is generally not related to the warranty of the vehicle as a cat-less exhaust system is not going to damage the vehicle in any way.
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Sorry end rant/
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:54 pm

I agree. Intake or coilovers shouldnt void warranty. Usually it takes a tune to void it. However, if you have a lifted truck with huge tires it can void your drivetrain warranty. They will say it puts to much stress on the drivetrain. Ive seen that happen to a buddy.
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Hell i talked to 3 different hyundai reps when i had my tiburon because i had a dealership try to put the biz because i turned up the "wick" alittle in my car... Long as i didn't blow a hole in the block they didn't care about what you want/did to the car lol...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 am

jolly roger wrote:
Hell i talked to 3 different hyundai reps when i had my tiburon because i had a dealership try to put the biz because i turned up the "wick" alittle in my car... Long as i didn't blow a hole in the block they didn't care about what you want/did to the car lol...

^^^What?^^^ lol

What is Biz and Wick?
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 am

Sorry i was very tired last night, business and i had a form of forced induction on the car at the time...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:36 am

jolly roger wrote:
Sorry i was very tired last night, business and i had a form of forced induction on the car at the time...

FI and you think they would have warranteed you if you had an engine problem? Not sure how other manufactures are but GM dealerships do not make the decision as to whether a car will be waranteed or not. They open a ticket and it gets sent to GM. If its over a certain dollar amount a regional guy comes out to inspect the car and the damage. My buddy ownes Fike Chevrolet and when I snapped my axle he said his hands are tied to a certain extent as to if its covered or not. However, if the ticket was denied he said he can start with the regional guy and push it to be covered. GM will not send replacement parts until they aprove the warranty.

Not calling you out on this and maybe they would have covered you. But in the past few years GM has really become strict on warranteing modded vehicles. However, a cai, catback exhaust, coilovers, ect should not void warranty since they do not add much performance without a tune.

A tune cannot be hidden from a dealership even if you flash it before you take it in. They may still warrantee it but I wouldnt bank on it 100%. If you blow your engine because your tune was lean then I dont think it should be warranted anyways.
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:43 pm

No No i should explain... During that time i had a leaky head light (which the dealership didn't want to fix and was supercharged) and at the time Hyundai was really interested in cars that had some type of F/I. Acouple reps had posted their info and said if you needed any help give them a call, so that's that i did. The leaky head light had nothing to do with my supercharger but because it was on there the dealer didn't want to touch it. After the reps talked to the dealer the dealer called me to bring the car in.. LOL I WINNED!! (winned it not a word but is in my book)
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 pm

The dealer didnt want to fix a headlight because the car was supercharged... :cuckoo: I think sometimes they just see what they can get away with but that doesnt even make sense for them to give you that answer.

Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:19 pm

I know after they fixed it i never went back to them.. I drove an extra 20 miles to the other dealership.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:29 pm

[quote="D-Rod"]
jolly roger wrote:

FI and you think they would have warranteed you if you had an engine problem? Not sure how other manufactures are but GM dealerships do not make the decision as to whether a car will be waranteed or not. They open a ticket and it gets sent to GM. If its over a certain dollar amount a regional guy comes out to inspect the car and the damage. My buddy ownes Fike Chevrolet and when I snapped my axle he said his hands are tied to a certain extent as to if its covered or not. However, if the ticket was denied he said he can start with the regional guy and push it to be covered. GM will not send replacement parts until they aprove the warranty.

Not calling you out on this and maybe they would have covered you. But in the past few years GM has really become strict on warranteing modded vehicles. However, a cai, catback exhaust, coilovers, ect should not void warranty since they do not add much performance without a tune.

A tune cannot be hidden from a dealership even if you flash it before you take it in. They may still warrantee it but I wouldnt bank on it 100%. If you blow your engine because your tune was lean then I dont think it should be warranted anyways.

This is how the manager at the service dept explained it to me as well d-rod. He said that he could careless what I did to the car, but GM sends tech's to inspect the vehicle and if they found something like that, it would void that part of my warranty. Cobalt's, G5's have too many suspension issues to void it just yet. He said that if it wasn't for the GM inspectors and such, he'd have no issue with it. Although I'm ok with that for now.... once I get my use out of the warranty, it'll get a nice drop. Which I kinda had a good idea before I even went to talk with him, that he was going to say that. I'm a service adviser myself so I kinda figured as much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:28 pm

clip of the exhaust I have on order

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:09 am

Why don't you let me put a CSS blower set up on that car? Give you another 100whp almost. The motor will hadle the 9psi just fine. $2000 installed and tuned. :littlesmile:
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:33 am

Redline wrote:
Why don't you let me put a CSS blower set up on that car? Give you another 100whp almost. The motor will hadle the 9psi just fine. $2000 installed and tuned. :littlesmile:

$2K for 100RWHP????? No question if thats a good deal. Do you do the tuning yourself?
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:21 pm

lol hmmmm tempting lol damn warranties
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Ah it would only affect part of your powertrain warranty. If the timing chain tensioner failed, it can't be caused by the blower. They would have to prove that what happened was caused by the blower or any modifications done from putting it on there. And even if something happened, it can be undone in no time. :-)
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:02 am

^^^^ What he said...
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:35 am

well I'll def keep that in mind... but will not be doing anything that major until the warranties run out. Unless something big happens and I get my use out of it early
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:59 pm

I do believe I'm going into shock.... spent way too much money in the last few days lol..... cat back and intake ordered, ccfl projectors ordered, HID conv kit ordered, and Scott and I installed the LED light kit as well.. lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:03 pm

No lowering spring or coilovers?
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 pm

not yet lol. although when i'm ready for those you'll be the first that I contact!
Back to top Go down
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 am

not a fan of neons but if thats your scene representin! nice tuck. usually people leave them hanging down all over the place..
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 am

Yeah Scooby, those are hidden really well under the car. THey look nice too and will only be used at light shows etc.. our club host a light show, so alot of members have them just for that and that only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:00 am

yeah i remember you telling me that one day. i'd still like to come to that light show and check it out. i used to have neons on my truck back in high school but a couple mud runs killed that lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:04 am

Yeah, we are using LED.s Solstice drags alot on factory ride height, NEONS would never make it on there. That would be bad, broken tubes daily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Skinner
Skinner

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:42 am

lol for sure! get some coilovers on that g5!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MotownG5 Projects   MotownG5 Projects - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MotownG5 Projects
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next