Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Powder Coating?

Go down 
+2
wvtrap
nghthwk86
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nghthwk86
nghthwk86

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:48 am

What are your thoughts on this?

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
wvtrap
ADMIN/MODERATOR
wvtrap

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:19 am

i'm digging the music.. would be sweet if we had the money for an oven and a place to put a booth.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:32 am

They do this in Morgantown on 19 out past the mall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
wvtrap
ADMIN/MODERATOR
wvtrap

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:43 am

we don't want to pay someone to do it though.. lol we want to do it ourselves
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:23 am

Never saw how the whole process worked. I though it was one bake and they were done.

If you want to do it yourself the biggest expense will probably be finding an oven big enough for a wheel.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 pm

look on harbor freight, you can do it cheap buying the tools from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
wv_wagon

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:53 pm

I had a buddy back home that made his own oven for less than a couple hundred dollars. I think between the gun and all he was out a little over $700, granted it was a round oven so frames, etc. coud not be done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamhardyboys.com
SnowXRacer
SnowXRacer

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:09 pm

This is a different process that what I have seen. For work we get some cast parts powdercoated, but the machined iron is put into an oven, heated, and when it comes out, the powder is then sprayed on it. The powder sticks and melts into an even coating. The parts are left to cool and the coating turns out quite nice. It never goes back into the oven after the coating is sprayed on.

Back to the subject... Those wheels look quite nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Powder Coating? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Coating?   Powder Coating? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powder Coating?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: General Automotive Discussion-
Jump to: