FCP HomeHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:09 am

Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice or a serious twin charged system with the current engine.
anyone know where I can get an LS7 for cheap since they are 14000 new? Stealing D-Rods while he is out of town is not an option either. I think he would notice when he got back that I had an Ls7 and his vette had a 2.4 liter.

But would be funny to see his face when he started it up the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:22 am

I always watch Powerblock on Spike TV every weekend, and they are always ordering an LS engine or getting one out of a junkyard. From what I've seen, for cheaper the junkyard/salvage yard is your best bet. Only problem you run into is that the LS7 isn't put in a lot of the GM vehicles, so you are limited to hoping someone crashes their Z06. An LS7 in a Solstice, dang that would be quick.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:35 am

505HP with no modifications. The LS7 would be the modification..lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:15 pm

That would definitly make my car a one-of-a-kind. I bet there is no Z06 in the world with a 4 banger.

Its hard to come across a LS7 for a decent price. There are a couple other engines that would make you pretty happy as well. The LS1, LS2, LS6 are all great motors that run great and would give you that sound you are looking for. They will be alot easier to find but Ill keep my eye out for an LS7.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 pm

LS3 or LS6 is the way you need to go. I have a good friend of mine who does these swaps. The LS7 is nice but you need a good bit of supporting mods also.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Wades silver one the DR wrecked my friend owns now with the superchargered caddy engine. Im gonna for a ride in it next weekend. He is rebuilding it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:29 pm

jolly roger wrote:
LS3 or LS6 is the way you need to go. I have a good friend of mine who does these swaps. The LS7 is nice but you need a good bit of supporting mods also.

Your gonna leave out the lengendary LS1? Hard to beat the LS1 since they are easier to find and cheap power. I know you have done alot of research on swaps. How much would Scott be looking at swapping for an LS1,2,3, or 6?

Is the 5.3 truck motor you were looking at an alluminum block?


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Yep he's the one. He called me when that Dr. crashed it. Scott look into late model racecraft at their motors...
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 pm

D-Rod wrote:
jolly roger wrote:
LS3 or LS6 is the way you need to go. I have a good friend of mine who does these swaps. The LS7 is nice but you need a good bit of supporting mods also.

Your gonna leave out the lengendary LS1? Hard to beat the LS1 since they are easier to find and cheap power. I know you have done alot of research on swaps. How much would Scott be looking at swapping for an LS1,2,3, or 6?

Is the 5.3 truck motor you were looking at an alluminum block?


Yes because the newer motor are updated and easier to work with. Bare bone doing it yourself your looking at 2-3k for motor and 1-2k in supporting mods. If wade does it for say you want a LS7 your looking 20k more or less.
Back to top Go down
m pwrd 3
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Wow, LS7 swap is expensive. By the time it was all said and done would have been easier just to get a Z06.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Did not know that. How are the newer ones easier to work with? The are all born from the same block more or less. Even the LS7.

I agree the LS3 or LS6 would be the best aplication. Scott if you could get in one of those for $5 or $6K with us doing all the work, thats cheap as hell.

An LS3 might be a little harder to find since they didnt come out till the '08 models. I think it will be closer to $5K for an LS3.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:50 pm

m pwrd 3 wrote:
Wow, LS7 swap is expensive. By the time it was all said and done would have been easier just to get a Z06.


Yes but he added in alot of extra stuff and it's a very very clean swap...
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Did not know that. How are the newer ones easier to work with? The are all born from the same block more or less. Even the LS7.

I agree the LS3 or LS6 would be the best aplication. Scott if you could get in one of those for $5 or $6K with us doing all the work, thats cheap as hell.

An LS3 might be a little harder to find since they didnt come out till the '08 models. I think it will be closer to $5K for an LS3.

I need to correct myself. Their have newer tech in them and like the LS7 can make power easy.. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice   

Back to top Go down
 
Planning on an LS7 Swap in the Solstice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» bought a 292, now planning the swap into my 1st gen chevy.
» '83 944 V8 LT-1 swap
» need stuff for a manual swap on my ae86
» FS: KA24DE Full swap, HKS, Koyo, Holset, Work wheels.
» FS RB25det swap!!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Engine/Transmission, including Transplants-
Jump to: