Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S

Go down 
+2
tkromer
91foxbody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S Empty
PostSubject: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Which would you rather have, the Subaru BRZ or the Scion FR-S? well they are the same car, with just a few differences lol.

Subaru BRZ
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scion FR-S

I think i'd take the BRZ if I was going to get one.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:00 pm

I prefer the Scion for the configurability. Way more options if you "build your own".

If I were to own one (which I won't since the Sky fills this niche for me), I would hold out on an "STi" version -- aka turbocharged.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:15 pm

tkromer wrote:
I prefer the Scion for the configurability. Way more options if you "build your own".

If I were to own one (which I won't since the Sky fills this niche for me), I would hold out on an "STi" version -- aka turbocharged.

definitely. I'd hold out for the STI as well. I think it will be available in 2 years. Not 100% sure on that.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm

So if I HAD to pick it would be the BRZ. Subaru has been spending too much time in bed with Toyota lately! Even if they don't come out with an STi version of the BRZ specifically the new STi is said to be using the same engine so parts should be available, spacing on the other hand, maybe not. Considering they are mostly the same inside and out (excluding badges) parts should be easily swapped so the customization Scion normally has is still "technically" there for the Subaru BRZ.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:12 pm

weaveleftnright wrote:
So if I HAD to pick it would be the BRZ. Subaru has been spending too much time in bed with Toyota lately! Even if they don't come out with an STi version of the BRZ specifically the new STi is said to be using the same engine so parts should be available, spacing on the other hand, maybe not. Considering they are mostly the same inside and out (excluding badges) parts should be easily swapped so the customization Scion normally has is still "technically" there for the Subaru BRZ.

agreed! the only one that has spent more time in bed with toyota than them is GM. Hence the Toyota VVT-i in my 2.2l ecotech and the pont vibe/ matrix lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:02 pm

The Scion FR-S looks pretty cool. But when it comes to a flat four/rear drive car, I'll stick with my '74 Beetle, lol. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 am

From what I heard, theres a difference in that the Subaru variant is slightly more of a GT with slightly softer suspension and the way they did the interior, and the Scion is the more youthful, sporty one. But the difference is very slight. Of course I haven't tried them so who knows but based on that I'd go Scion version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S   Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subaru BRZ vs Scion FR-S
Page 1 of 1