Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The rebuild of my Z.

Go down 
+7
Gixxer
jolly roger
tkromer
91foxbody
D-Rod
MotownG5
Tygur
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Tygur

The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Well I may or may not have done that speed in the past, but I only ever got a ticket for going 63 in a 55. Oh, and parking somewhere at 0mph. But that got thrown out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Ah also found a good option for a LSD today. Maybe sometime in the future. Not happy with hitting the gas in a turn and having the inside wheel spin like mad.
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm

I'll just leave this here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:16 am

You're getting ready to install brush guards right???
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:50 am

Yeah I'm trying to get it a new job.

Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:17 pm

That pic above is because I went to a company picnic and it overheated slightly. I'm not about to have something go wrong with that thing after all the work. I ripped apart the entire cooling system. You have to take the nose off to get to the radiator because it sits flat up there, not vertically. I threw out the already disconnected AC condensor, the last part of the AC that hadn't been removed. Flushed everything. New water pump. And put 15-40 Rotella-T in it, considering its great cleaning and protection properties. Considering I already had 10-40 in it all winter, not a huge leap. Now it runs even better, stays nice and cool, ready for those 90+F summer days. T-tops off ready to cruise.

As a bonus, the friend that sold me the Z brought over one of his friends, who had picked up a bone stock, unmolested '90 240SX with barely over 100k miles. He bought my spare set of wheels that I had never taken out of the box. Worked great because a 240 has the exact same wheel fitment as this year Z, even down to offset, lug nuts and hub size, so I threw in my spare hub centric rings. They went to a good home, so good deal for everyone involved and that 240 is going to be a wicked project.
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Rotella T is working. Lifter ticks going away and noticeable power increase likely from the lifters un-sticking and giving the proper valve lift. Assuming gas mileage will be worse now, though, if its taking in more air. And still no leaks from anything. During the oil change, I must have knocked some wires onto the header and it burnt through the wires for my ECU switch and the backup light switch. All fixed, though, and secured out of the way.

Cruise with friends for memorial day. Had to shine it up so it didn't look like a turd. Well, as much like a turd. A Polished turd.

For the after party, I think we will finally form a cohesive beer-drinking mechanic collective and get the braided brake lines on.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:40 am

looking good man! love to see this thing in person some day
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks, and small update. Wing is back on, custom cut and modified to sit low. The side plates rest on the car now. Looks OK-ish. I may cut an inch off the plates or something, still feel like its too tall.

Also an odd note: I guess theres a lot of people that can't find a car club over here for tuners, we are up to about 12 people who want one now, and my friend and myself may start up our own club for this area.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Cool deal man. That's basicly how 304kustomz came to be here in Morgantown. Have them all jump on here and we'll make a section for you guys when you get everything in order, under the car clubs section
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks! We'll see, its difficult to get everyone together.

The Z is going to be sanded down and painted (again). Not black. :)
Back to top Go down
Tygur
Tygur

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Some things. Color changed.

Video of a drive that I got with makeshift mount and a Droid 3:

Back to top Go down
MotownG5
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:12 pm

things are coming along nice... love old Z cars.  Love watching this build come along
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The rebuild of my Z.   The rebuild of my Z. - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The rebuild of my Z.
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7