FCP HomeHomeRegisterLog in

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? Empty
PostSubject: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm thinking about putting a set of these tips on my car. Mainly to dress it up a bit more (I'm a sucker for chrome) and maybe get it to be a bit louder on the outside. What do you guys think about how these look on this car?

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2343855
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Not bad. Don't know if it looks like a bit much or not. I think it is one of those need to see it in person things! Kinda looks like they angle towards the ground a bit.

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? Lensbeck

Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm

That is one of my concerns. I don't know if they would look gaudy on my car or not. They do angle toward the ground slightly. That's just the way the tailpipes on that car are. If they were straight, they would run into the bumper cover. The stock tailpipes end with turndowns.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:44 pm

You know.....If you go back and look at them a few times....they grow on ya! Your other option, depending on how the exhaust comes on the car, is to get you a Flowmaster or Magnaflow Muffler that is single in-dual out and have someone fab dual exhaust with turn downs. You would get your sound and keep the factory look.

I think they look pretty cool though. Like I said, when I go back and look they start to grow on me.

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? Lensbeck

Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 pm

The car already has a dual exhaust system with a pair of Magnaflows. It's still a bit too quiet though. When I had the mufflers done, I went with mufflers that had a longer case, which was a mistake, lol. I was afraid it would be too loud with the smaller mufflers. Any kind of cat-back is out of the question right now. The cheapest one that is made for these things is $800 and it would require modification. A true bolt on system runs $1000. Ouch, lol.

What I like about these tips is that they give the car a Mercury Marauder vibe at the rear.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 pm

kinda look like the mercury marauder tips. i think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:28 pm

They do. That's half the fun of putting these on mine. The Marauder is my dream car. It is the ultimate evolution of the Panther Platform, lol.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 pm

I like them! Before I clicked the link I was thinking I wouldnt but they look good IMO.

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? Davewall
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 pm

D-Rod wrote:
I like them! Before I clicked the link I was thinking I wouldnt but they look good IMO.

agreed!

304KustomZ of Morgantown, WV
www.facebook.com/304kustomz
ZZperformance.com - facebook.com/304kustomz - G5club.net 
********2009 Pontiac G5 / 2004 Chevy Aveo / 2008 Tribeca********
 Blowme 
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Those tips look good but I dont think it will make it any louder. What is your current exhaust system? Is it like this Manifolds-->Cats-->Magnaflows if so I would just cut the cats out and replace with straight pipe. That will make a deeper tone and a little louder or you could get some Headers.

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? Gixxer1
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

My exhaust consists of the factory manifolds, 2 cats per side, h-pipe, Magnaflows, and the tails that wrap around the rear suspension and axle. I would consider cutting out two of the cats, but If I end up somewhere where I need them for emissions testing, I'd be SOL, lol. Headers are $1,500 for long tubes from Stainless Works with a catted lead pipe. And then that would have to follow with their $1,000 cat-back!
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:56 pm

I say cut the 2 off that is closest to the manifolds and replace with straight pipe. Or cut all of them off and put one high flow cat on each side. Just do not move to one of the stupid states that does emissions testing. Why would you ever do that? Most of them dont even allow aftermarket exhaust! No way I could live somewhere like that!

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? Gixxer1
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Living in a state with draconian automotive laws is the last thing I want to do, believe me. But in aviation, you kinda have to go where the jobs are, wherever that may be. There are some places that I will refuse to go, no matter what, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?   Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cherry Bomb Exhaust Tips on my Crown Victoria?
Page 1 of 1