Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fun Daily Driver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2004 CTS-V for 15k! That would be a blast of a daily, and still 4 doors and lots of creature comforts.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 pm

A CTS-V would be a blast to drive, but I've never really found them to be all that attractive. If the car was bigger, maybe all those lines would make sense.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Coming from a Crown Vic driver I understand the "if the car was bigger" statement, but I test drove a regular (3.6L) CTS and it was a boat compared to what I'm used to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 pm

That probably about as cheap as you will find one with decent miles on it. Its a 6-speed too......I want!
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:41 pm

You could get a solid 10k back if you traded the vette for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

tkromer wrote:
You could get a solid 30k back if you traded the vette for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have actually been kicking around making a craigslist add for the Z06 but maybe I should offer him a trade. Fixed the above for you. :)
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:23 pm

What would you want if you sold the vette?

And I know the vette is worth way more than the CTS, just playin with ya
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:33 pm

tkromer wrote:
What would you want if you sold the vette?

And I know the vette is worth way more than the CTS, just playin with ya

Yea I know. I was going to put it out there for $50K and see if it got any bites. That is TOP $ for the car but thats what I have in it. No big deal if it doesnt sell. But if it does........look out because next summer I will have a low-mid 9 street car.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 pm

If you're having a 9 second street car, I assume it's AWD? Or are you just nuts? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 pm

I am nuts. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If my clutch would have held on my last pass where I cut a 1.45, it would have been damn close to a 9.9. Still not fast enough. I think a 9.2-9.5 would satisfy my needs. I will have to pay big money for a clutch to hold that power though.

The next build probably wont be N/A. Gotta change with the times, cant be fast without power adders anymore.

Tommy, why dont you buy that CTS-V. Its pimp. BTW- I just came across an '02 Z06 for $14K. Pretty good price on it too.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 am

I have 4 cars and only a 3-stall garage as it is. Plus I need to finish pimping my current vehicles....

I need to sell my SC1. I'd sell it for 1500 minus the Sparco seats and the audio system. Probably, for ease of getting rid of, I'd sell it for 3k with everything in it.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:34 am

I wish I would have known about the saturn before I bought a new engine for the Altima. I would have bought it.

We 4 cars, a motorcycle, 2 parking spots, and a 1 car garage. Yours adds up better than mine. lol I think you have room for one more.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:52 am

Well if you know anyone who wants it, I'm pretty sure I'd sell it for 1500/3000 stripped/as-is.

144xxx miles. Should definitely have a new front bumper (the body kit is busted up), but otherwise cosmetically great. Mechanically perfect and no rust (because it's a Saturn). Ported throttle body, ported exhaust manifold and an AEM CAI, no other mechanical mods. 17x7 Motegi MRM rims with Nexen tires and the stockers (14x6.5?) with Dunlop all seasons with less than 10k on either set of tires.

I have original seats to put back in it, they are like new (8xxx miles on them). I have Sparco Milano 2 seats in it now, one has a tear in the bolster and the other is perfect. Pioneer AVIC N2 headunit with Pioneer 5.1 processer (DEQ-8000) and display unit for that (AXM-P8000). JL Slash 450/4 driving JL 3-piece XR component speakers and and JL Slash 250/1 driving a 10W2 sub in the trunk. Actually still has a TV tuner attached to the headunit, but since we have digital broadcast now you can't pick up TV anymore. I removed the TV antennas when I was removing the car alarm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fun Daily Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Daily Driver   Fun Daily Driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun Daily Driver
Page 1 of 1