Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's Gonna Win??

Go down 
+4
dlinsbeck
D-Rod
2many2choose
Alex98CVPI
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:41 am

Kaleb and I have somewhat of a grudge match planned for next year's Flashlight Drags. His 1968 Plymouth Fury III Sport against my Crown Victoria.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What we're wondering is which of our grandpa cruisers/cop cars will win?

The '68 Fury III:

-318cid V8
-727 3 speed auto
-3600lbs
-230hp 340lb.-ft.
-2.73 gears

-Torque peak is around 2,400 rpm

-HP peaks around 4,400 rpm

The '98 Crown Victoria:

-4.6L 281cid V8
-4-speed 4R70W auto
-4500lbs
-240hp 285lb.-ft.
-3.27 gears
-Torque peaks around 4,200 rpm

-HP peaks around 4,500 rpm.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:44 am

I didn't know your torque peaked that high! Man, I dunno, it could go either way!
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:46 am

I'll still be building torque while yours is falling. That's why I asked how much your curve falls after 2,400.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:49 am

And neither have any kind of helpful suspension mods.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 am

Alex98CVPI wrote:
I'll still be building torque while yours is falling. That's why I asked how much your curve falls after 2,400.

True, but mine peaks at a higher torque so it could be matched with yours by the time 4,400rpm rolls around.

Alex98CVPI wrote:
And neither have any kind of helpful suspension mods.

Yeah, if anything mine has more weight transfer with being softer but neither will have traction issues lol
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 am

The way they sit I would put my money on the Crown Vic. Put 373's in the fury and I think that would give it the edge.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:04 am

It would be a pretty good run but my money is on the Vic.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:09 am

Real close in the 1/8, but in the 1/4 it would be the Crown Vic by a long shot. I'm still going to go with the Crown Vic. Obviously very much dependent on launch on such a short track.

I'll race you guys this year in either of my 4 cylinders [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:32 am

tkromer wrote:
I'll race you guys this year in either of my 4 cylinders [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would like to see the Sky against Linsbecks 5.0. With your car on DR's I think you will take it at the FLD's but on a full 1/4 mile I think he would catch you on the big end. That would be a fun one to watch.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

Stock for stock he's faster for sure. I think I would take the 1/8, the 1/4 would be darn close.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 am

Well I plan on making it to a few this year. I will race anyone since its all in fun. I think if I get a set of DR's it will be a different story all togethere for me though.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:31 pm

i have no idea, i would have to see how each car performs, the driver reactions etc. power to weight ratio is going to be a big part in this duel.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Vic will win!

tkromer wrote:

I'll bring a 4cyl too...it only makes 108whp
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Fair enough, as long as it's on 4 wheels [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Can I be in this race with the solstice? it makes like 145hp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 pm

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
Can I be in this race with the solstice? it makes like 145hp.

I think your asking the wrong folks. Doesn't Jamie have to ok this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:35 pm

tkromer wrote:
Fair enough, as long as it's on 4 wheels [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

man I just took the training wheels off but really I would like to line it up against that 10 sec zo6
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 pm

bummer.. Ur right, I am not allowed. I just wash and wax that. Depressed
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 am

Gixxer wrote:
tkromer wrote:

man I just took the training wheels off but really I would like to line it up against that 10 sec zo6

Who would you be talking about. :) You know I'm game.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:21 am

Dang, no love for the 'ole Fury Rofl
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:48 am

That gearing really kills it. Especially for the 1/8. However the weight does help it alot. It will be fun to watch. I hope to see alot more people at the FLD's. It is alot of fun and you dont have to have a redicously fast car to have fun. Hell my mom was thinking of racing her Maxima.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:55 am

D-Rod wrote:
That gearing really kills it. Especially for the 1/8. However the weight does help it alot. It will be fun to watch. I hope to see alot more people at the FLD's. It is alot of fun and you dont have to have a redicously fast car to have fun. Hell my mom was thinking of racing her Maxima.

Kaleb/Tyler, there ya go! If Dave's mom brings the Maxima, you guys might have a chance at beating something! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just kidding guys. I agree we need to get a lot more folks to show up. Everyone would have a good time. Heck, my son goes and loves every minute of it. Although, in every video of the races that I am in, you hear, go daddy go! Or.....Dave Lost!! LMAO!
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:03 pm

D-Rod wrote:

Oh yeah, I figure I'll lose but I'll be catching him going past the 1/8th. The Fury really does take off once it's moving.

dlinsbeck wrote:
D-Rod wrote:

Kaleb/Tyler, there ya go! If Dave's mom brings the Maxima, you guys might have a chance at beating something! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just kidding guys. I agree we need to get a lot more folks to show up. Everyone would have a good time. Heck, my son goes and loves every minute of it. Although, in every video of the races that I am in, you hear, go daddy go! Or.....Dave Lost!! LMAO!

I think her Maxima could still beat the Fury BigSmile
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:15 pm

dlinsbeck wrote:
D-Rod wrote:

haha, you forget I also have the ninja. a friend of mine (who drag races for Kawasaki) took it down the 1/4 mile and if i remember correctly he ran a 11.25 on it. so im good for maybe 14.9 seconds lol
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 pm

91foxbody wrote:
dlinsbeck wrote:
D-Rod wrote:

haha, you forget I also have the ninja. a friend of mine (who drag races for Kawasaki) took it down the 1/4 mile and if i remember correctly he ran a 11.25 on it. so im good for maybe 14.9 seconds lol

The Ninja ought to be right there with Foxrod!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who's Gonna Win?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Gonna Win??   Who's Gonna Win?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's Gonna Win??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next