Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline Empty
PostSubject: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Well I figured I'd start a build thread, the beginning of a VERY VERY long project.

Purchased new in 2008, stock for 3 months.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After that, I ordered the RPi GT Exhaust, and a catless downpipe.

Next up was a Hahn 3" intercooler

After that, matching 3" Dejon Powerhouse charge pipes:

Then grabbed HPTuners and started teaching myself to tune -- with LOTS of help from the forums:

So that's where I stand today. Along with some cosmetic mods (chili pepper windrestrictor)

And a painted turbo heat shield:

And painted brake calipers:
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Cool looking forward to watching you build this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Next phase of the project will be my motor build.

I have cams now!

Need valves, springs, balance shafts, rods, pistons and probably going to replace the bottom end with a girdled version. I'll obviously do this all at once, just accruing parts as budget allows (and/or sales appear).

Next step would be to build the transmission (mine is good for about 450 torque to the wheels, maybe a bit more). I'm making around 390 torque now.

Final step will be a large ish turbo, probably going to go with an EFR 7 or 8000 series. Should net me high 500s wheel horsepower, and similar torque. Just about a 5 year project I'd guess [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:38 pm

nice and good luck with the build! it'll be fun to watch
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Cant wait to see this thing in the bottom 12's next year.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:46 am

I doubt I'll get much done aside from tuning for ethanol this year. I don't think I'll be able to budget for all the motor parts in one year. Not with how much I spend on the Evo too....

I may make middle-high 12's on just ethanol (and I finally got rid of the stock air filter, that's said to be good for 3-5hp haha).

The other issue, I hook beautifully at like 3100 rpms, but by 3500 it's a mess. I really need wider tires (and therefore wider rims) to launch hard. A 1.91 and a 1.89 60' so far, but I would think with 275s instead of 245s a 1.80 or 1.7x is well within reach.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Going to be a good build. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:10 pm

New DDMWorks "Extreme" backbone brace. Should help stiffen the chassis up a bit, less hooking up on one side and shooting sideways at Flashlight Drags maybe :)

This redesigned version weighs in at 11 lbs even with all the bolts. Any idea what the stock one weighs Scott? I'll find out when I take it off I guess.

Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:59 pm

The stock one weighs less than 11lbs I would say. Its 1/16 gauge metal. When you put this on your car, it will honestly drive like a different one. I have the one you have pictured and also the probeam. With both, my car handles alot better and the steering feels 100% better. The cars should have came with these.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Well no news on the car, but I've lost 15 of my 25 lb goal now. That can't hurt the quarter times [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline   Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tommy's 2008 Sky Redline
Page 1 of 1