Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigEag205

15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra Empty
PostSubject: 15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra   15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:41 am

So, I bought these near the end of the season and have been pondering this question for awhile now; Hopefully someone on here has had the same problem. I know its possible because I along with I'm sure quit a good bit of other people have seen them ran on my body Cobras before. I've read people saying they have problems with the calipers, but my calipers seem to be fine? Also heard a 3/8 spacer may fix this. To me, it seemed like the only thing sticking is where my rear torsion bar connects to the hub. I COULD technically trim this down or mod it, but that would weaken the already flimsy IRS causing more wheel hop which I'm not too fond of Depressed
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url][/img]
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url][/img]

(excuse the abnormally messy garage...norm dont have the other side piled up with junk...hate clutter)
Back to top Go down
BigEag205

PostSubject: Re: 15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra   15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:38 am

Back Spacing specs would prob be nice too huh? DUH haha. They seem to be 4.25", put a straight edge on the outside of the back of the rim and measured to the hub mounting pad. theyre offered in 3.5 and 4.5 though :/ ...I got them off a buddy that ran them on his GT not even thinking that my car runs bigger breaks than GT's. considering that 4.25 is closer to 4.5 than 3.5, id say the back spacing is 4.5 but im not big on wheel specs, obviously lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: 15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra   15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:08 am

Wow, thats a tight fit. I just noticed yesterday that our car rubbed a hole in the inner fender because the tires and wheels rub when coming in and out of our driveway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: 15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra   15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Looks like a spacer would do the trick.
Back to top Go down
BigEag205

PostSubject: Re: 15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra   15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 am

Ya, I'm thinking a 1" will do it...on that note, does anyone know of anyone with a fender roller? I'm not a fan of spacers but pros vs cons, I believe they may win in this situation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra   15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

15x8 Weld Racing wheels on 01 Cobra
Page 1 of 1