Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?

Go down 
+3
StitchWerx
Blacked Out
Alex98CVPI
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? Empty
PostSubject: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:46 pm

So, My Crown Vic has been having a pinging problem at high rpm and high load situations on the interstate. I've tried running 93 octane in it (it's tuned for 87) and it didn't solve the problem.

I've been thinking about using Seafoam to try to clean out the combustion chambers. It seems like a cheap and easy thing to throw at it to try to eliminate what could be a cause for my problem. Who here has used it and could steer me to or away from using it?
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Ive used it, seems to work good. Never heard anything bad from anyone about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:40 pm

works like a champ man. when i did a sea foam treatment a few years ago, i put a whole can of it threw the brake booster vacuum line that goes into the head to clean the valves. then put half a can in the fuel tank, and the other half in the oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:34 am

Awesome. Thanks for the input, guys!
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:07 pm

lol yea, it does well.... but be ready for the smoke to fly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
dc2turbo
dc2turbo

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:04 am

i would not use it on a high mileage car. seafoam will eat all your carbon build up around the piston rings and valve seals.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:40 pm

dc2turbo wrote:
i would not use it on a high mileage car.

Thanks for the warning, but no worries there. I'm only at 62,000 miles.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:41 pm

MotownG5 wrote:
lol yea, it does well.... but be ready for the smoke to fly!

I was wondering about that. My neighbors may not like me after this, lol.
Back to top Go down
silverflatty
silverflatty

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

bahaha we seafoamed my mazda and right before we started it up we called my friend's grandpa over.. we were like "i think there is something wrong with my car... take a look.." *smoke cloud*

he was like "oh yeah thats def not good!"

haha [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Haha. Hopefully Kaleb will be available to give me a hand and record the whole ordeal.
Back to top Go down
v8_lol
v8_lol

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 pm

silverflatty wrote:
bahaha we seafoamed my mazda and right before we started it up we called my friend's grandpa over.. we were like "i think there is something wrong with my car... take a look.." *smoke cloud*

he was like "oh yeah thats def not good!"

haha [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I still have that video!!
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Just got back from Kaleb's. The Seafoam made an improvement, but I don't think the issue is 100% cleared up. Videos will follow sometime today.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:08 pm

U gonna make the Christmas Party smokey?
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Sorry Scott, the christmas party couldn't happen for me. The family got together to start getting our chirstmas tree decorated.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Video time.

This was the first start after letting the car marinate for a while.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And watch the water marks get bigger after a few minutes at idle.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?   Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Here Used Seafoam?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: General Automotive Discussion-
Jump to: