Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PRP 11/5!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:03 am

I am thinking of going up Saturday for the last time of the year. High of 51 with a 0% chance of rain. Racing starts at 11 and it should still be in the low 40's at that point so it will be good racing weather.

Who wants to go???
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:12 am

How do they feel about a convertible running mid-12's?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:24 am

All you need is a helmet I believe. At 11.49 you need a roll bar but they have never said anything to me for running faster.

Actually I will be bringing both sets of my Drag Radials. I have a set of ET streets you can put on the sky when I run my M&H's. You will need them since the track will be cold and not holding prep well.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:10 pm

You're 5x110?

No just googled it, you're 5x120. That would be great but won't work. I have some empty rims but I haven't ordered my ET Streets yet.

Don't think Goodyear F1's will hook up at 40 degrees???? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by tkromer on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I doubt he is a 5x110, I have seen very few cars with that pattern. I can't make it, have to go to Pburg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:13 pm

5x120 I think.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:16 pm

tkromer wrote:
You're 5x110?

No just googled it, you're 5x120. That would be great but won't work. I have some empty rims but I haven't ordered my ET Streets yet.

Don't think Goodyear F1's will hook up at 40 degrees???? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No they wont hook up well for sure. However, they will still hook better than they did at waynesburg.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:23 pm

I hate launching from idle, but even 2k rpms had me sliding sideways at Waynesburg.

So you're pretty confident they don't care about me being a convertible? I think roll bar at 11.50 is for hard tops, convertibles are supposed to be 13.50. Stock Sky runs 13.9-14.1 so I'm confident I'll be well below 13.50. 8.1-8.3 in the 1/8 at Waynesburg according to my Scangauge (which should be real close). Mid-high 12's on these tires I would guess.

How much is it to run and how many runs would you guess we could do?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Yep I think you are right after a quick search. I dont want to say you will be ok becasue then I would feel bad if you got booted after one pass even though I dont think that would happen.

I ran a 10.8 and my buddy ran a 10.5 without a rollbar and they never said a word. The the end of the season I think they will be pretty relaxed about rules even more-so.

I would guess you will get 5 passes in. On TnT nights this year people were getting 5 runs. Not sure how packed it will be. Competative racing is over so I would guess alot of cars are put away. However, I have never raced this late in the year. Alot of people may come out jus to get some good air.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:50 pm

I'll call them after while and see what they say.

Unfortunately I have a feeling they'll quote the rulebook but in reality they may not enforce it.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Just spent about 10 minutes on the phone with Don the tech guy there (man I'm productive at the office today).

He said top up and wear a helmet. Should be <13 in a convertible requires a 6-pt roll bar, but he said they treat convertibles and hardtops the same and it's 11.50 or under (which I definitely won't hit) and they're willing to flex on for hard tops a bit. Driveshaft loop required if I were to run drag radials or full slicks (which I won't), but he's also willing to bend on that this weekend and in non-racing events.

So how much does it cost? I'd like to try this out!
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:06 pm

I see your turbo spooling up as we speak in your avatar. Sounds like your ready to race.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:42 pm

I want to take the ZX-7 but I'm going to be working [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:13 pm

tkromer wrote:
Just spent about 10 minutes on the phone with Don the tech guy there (man I'm productive at the office today).

He said top up and wear a helmet. Should be <13 in a convertible requires a 6-pt roll bar, but he said they treat convertibles and hardtops the same and it's 11.50 or under (which I definitely won't hit) and they're willing to flex on for hard tops a bit. Driveshaft loop required if I were to run drag radials or full slicks (which I won't), but he's also willing to bend on that this weekend and in non-racing events.

So how much does it cost? I'd like to try this out!

$25. I am really suprised they told you that over the phone but thats awesome. I bet they wouldnt have put it in an email. lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:18 pm

I figured they would say.. blah blah blah.. but really not mean it.. and then he wouldnt go and you would see naked people with the tops down on convertibles making passes and then later he would be like.. wtf.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:44 pm

The guy seemed like he genuinely wants people to enjoy themselves but he'll enforce rules if necessary.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:50 pm

I may not be able to stay the whole time depending on what happens with the house I just bought. The owners move out Saturday and my renters lease starts the same day. lol
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:52 pm

I've got a ton of homework, so it depends on what I get through tomorrow. It's not the best weekend for me but I'd love to go if I can.
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Looks like I'm not going to make it tomorrow. Are you still planning to run? Let me know when they do this again (might be the last time of the season I'm guessing)...
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:26 pm

That sucks. With the weather changing it wouldnt suprise me if this is the last one. I wish you could make it. The air will be killer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PRP 11/5!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRP 11/5!!   PRP 11/5!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRP 11/5!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Racing-
Jump to: