Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Autocross in Morgantown

Go down 
+10
bobdogwv
Alex98CVPI
dlinsbeck
StitchWerx
2many2choose
weaveleftnright
D-Rod
89SC
Blacked Out
tkromer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bobdogwv

Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 am

I was just wondering, the PCA host a good many of these events and the require you have a Snell helmet, a DOT one wont be allowed. All I have is a DOT helmet. They also have people that do car inspections for many of the following things to allow you to enter.

Safety
General

The addition
of safety equipment including but not limited to roll bars,
roll cages, fire extinguisher (2.5 lb min. ABC or BC type)
with metal bracket mounted to a metal surface and accessible
from belted seating position, seat belts/safety harnesses,
harness guide bars, steering wheels, aftermarket seat is permitted
and recommended.

Roll
bars are recommended for cabriolets.

No
drugs or alcoholic beverages are permitted at the event.

No
Passengers are allowed.

An
adult must accompany children at all times.

Dogs
must be leashed, where permitted.

Helmets

All drivers
and instructors must wear helmets. Helmets must be Snell ’95
approved or newer (M or SA rated). SA rating is recommended.
DOT helmets are not permitted. A limited number of loaner
helmets are available for the day. All drivers should invest
in their own helmet.

Clothing

Long sleeve
shirts and long pants are suggested. Acceptable fabrics are
natural fibers (cotton, wool, silk.) Open toed shoes, sandals
and bare feet are not permitted. Rubber soled shoes (sneakers,
etc.) are recommended. Driving shoes and gloves as well as
fire resistant clothing is recommended but not required.

Seat
belts

All cars
must have metal-to-metal seat belts, securely anchored. All
drivers must wear belts.

Windows

The drivers
side windows shall remain fully down during a run, passenger
windows may be fully up or fully down.

Cleaning
out your car, glove box and trunk

Loose
objects inside the trunk, passenger compartment and glove
box must be removed from the car. Loose objects include cell
phones, change, paper, garbage, cups, floor mats, etc. In
other words everything must be removed from your car.

The spare
tire need not be removed if it is securely fastened. The battery
must be securely fastened as well.

Pit
& Paddock Area

All cars
are to be parked within the designated pit & paddock area,
except for vehicles used by timing, safety, and the Autocross
Committee.

There
is no speeding in the pit & paddock area. Any driver speeding
in the pit or paddock area may be disqualified from the event
at the discretion of the Chairman or Committee. Please no
speeding in the general vicinity of the event.

Tire warming
is not permitted.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 am

I think this place isnt that strict and wants your money and dont care if you kick the bucket, but if you do.. your in the hospital parking lot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and they got love for you, and a big bill.

But all jokes aside, I bet there is not many rules other than a helmet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
bobdogwv
bobdogwv

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 am

Nice! I just saw the forecast for Preston County "6-8 inches possible overnight" that is crazy, but on to the topic at hand, I do appreciate the fact that it is in the Hospital parking lot, lol, just need to convince the wife that it is a good idea now. Jdubz is upset that he has to work, he wants to enter his Speed6.
Back to top Go down
weaveleftnright
weaveleftnright

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:50 am

My helmet (motorcycle) is ECE 22.05 and DOT Certified. [Scorpion Exo-500]

Tommy's (my barely used helmet that is too big) is Snell M2010-Approved [Shoei RF-1100 Hadron]
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 am

I have a snell helmet that was only used 4 times, Shoe X11 helmet in flat black with small med large cheek pads for 300.00 if someone wants one to have. It was 4 something new. I still have all the paperwork, two brand new shields for it, and the box and bag it came in.

Last edited by ScottHofferPhotography on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:26 am

May have to bring the Mustang up for this one since it is Sunday. Blade would get a kick out of it!
Back to top Go down
carguy03

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:49 am

I think I might be going to this one.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:03 pm

I have 3 DOT helmets. I will bring all of them. One is not a full face though.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm probably not going to go very hard on Foxrod at this event, I don't want to hit a cone and scuff up the paint. I'd probably cry if it got scuffed from a cone :rant:
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Wax it up tomorrow.

You won't do any permanent damage on a cone if you have a good coat of polish/wax.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:45 pm

tkromer wrote:
Wax it up tomorrow.

You won't do any permanent damage on a cone if you have a good coat of polish/wax.

It's a black car, dust leaves marks lmao I'm not too worried though if they're small cones, it had 11 coats of clear sprayed on it before I wetsanded it and I've got about 7 coats of wax built up on it. When I start to wax, I wax it once with a cleaner wax, then go back over it twice with a carnauba builder wax using different applicator pads and microfiber towels.
Back to top Go down
88camaro
88camaro

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:49 pm

2many2choose wrote:
tkromer wrote:
Wax it up tomorrow.

It's a black car, dust leaves marks lmao I'm not too worried though if they're small cones, it had 11 coats of clear sprayed on it before I wetsanded it and I've got about 7 coats of wax built up on it. When I start to wax, I wax it once with a cleaner wax, then go back over it twice with a carnauba builder wax using different applicator pads and microfiber towels.

get yourself some painters tape and put it in the areas where you think the cones will hit. the tape won't hurt your paint.

Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:54 pm

88camaro wrote:
2many2choose wrote:
tkromer wrote:
Wax it up tomorrow.

get yourself some painters tape and put it in the areas where you think the cones will hit. the tape won't hurt your paint.

That's what I'll be doing, we have this cool clear tape (kinda like packaging tape only not as sticky) but it's meant for doing custom paint work. An instance when you need to see the color your covering so you get get the right shade. Mostly for the color shifting paints.
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey Scott, when there is a lull in the action, would you mind taking a picture of my and Kaleb's cars?
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Alex98CVPI wrote:
Hey Scott, when there is a lull in the action, would you mind taking a picture of my and Kaleb's cars?

:drinks:
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Um sure. Whats up? One of you plan on selling one or both of them?
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:30 pm

No, we just didn't get a chance to get a picture of both of them together. And it would be kinda nice to have one before the weather gets really bad.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:13 am

The weather is bad, and Kaleb wont bring his car out? What will we do?
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am

Mustangs go just fine in the snow.......that shouldn't be an excuse!
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:12 am

I hope the snow quits so we have a good turnout.

But as long as the event is on I'll drive. The Evo should feel at home.

I have only had the Sky in the rain 2x, I had the rear break loose on me in a very gentle turn in the rain and decided there's no reason to drive it when it's bad, I have other cars for that. As long as I keep the Sky out of boost it's very predictable, but boost hits at about 2600 RPMs.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:21 am

2many2choose wrote:
tkromer wrote:
Wax it up tomorrow.

11 coats of clear? thats alot man. the most iv ever done is 4 lol

The solstice has 8 coats on the hood, fenders and diffuser from the guy that made them for us. I would be willing to say thats why they look a million times better than the factory paint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:05 am

I just found out that I have to work tomorrow morning as well as tonight. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:55 am

i would go to watch, but i will be in fairmont at work from 3pm today till 11pm tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Well.....we aren't going to make it to this....Had family drop in from Florida and I haven't seen them in at least 10 years.....Will have to catch one of these next year!
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:19 am

Well to whoever makes it, see you in the morning.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:25 am

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
The weather is bad, and Kaleb wont bring his car out? What will we do?

It'll be out for the autoX thank you very much :P

StitchWerx wrote:
11 coats of clear? thats alot man. the most iv ever done is 4 lol

The solstice has 8 coats on the hood, fenders and diffuser from the guy that made them for us. I would be willing to say thats why they look a million times better than the factory paint.

lol I sprayed 11 on it then wetsanded and buffed it out. It probably has a little more than 5 coats of clear left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autocross in Morgantown   Autocross in Morgantown - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Autocross in Morgantown
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next