Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day

Go down 
+7
Alex98CVPI
2many2choose
D-Rod
morganelyse802
r/tguy02
dlinsbeck
Blacked Out
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR

FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 pm

what type of dyno?
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Mustang Dyno.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Its not awd lol.. U silly subaru guys making all their wheels turn all fast. This is the rest of the world where we only have two pushing tires and no pulling ones lol...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:58 pm

I just got the wrx dyno tuned so no need for that but I was thinking about bringing the G and just turn the front wheels off and make it 100% rwd. I want to get a baseline reading before I start modding it. I need to make sure its safe first. I know you can turn the VDC off and it makes the car rwd.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Gixxer wrote:
I just got the wrx dyno tuned so no need for that but I was thinking about bringing the G and just turn the front wheels off and make it 100% rwd. I want to get a baseline reading before I start modding it. I need to make sure its safe first. I know you can turn the VDC off and it makes the car rwd.

Well in that case, add him to the list.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:59 pm

what day is this going to be on again...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm

We have to have people who is coming for him to even schedule.
Back to top Go down
BigEag205

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:58 pm

D-Rod wrote:
... Like Scott said, it is a mustang dyno. They normally read lower than other dyno's because they are load bearing. However, it is a realistic and acurate number.

Mustangs do generally read lower, that's what my car was tuned on. Took it to bluecat tuning in KY when my buddy was getting his z28 tuned by him and it actually read lower on the dynojet. Granted there are many things to factor in but that wasn't the number outcome I was looking for on the jet, ESP after receiving a 15 over ticket on my way to the place :/ haha
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:12 pm

BigEag205 wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
... Like Scott said, it is a mustang dyno. They normally read lower than other dyno's because they are load bearing. However, it is a realistic and acurate number.

Mustangs do generally read lower, that's what my car was tuned on. Took it to bluecat tuning in KY when my buddy was getting his z28 tuned by him and it actually read lower on the dynojet. Granted there are many things to factor in but that wasn't the number outcome I was looking for on the jet, ESP after receiving a 15 over ticket on my way to the place :/ haha

Sounds like my luck. 20 min after I picked my car up after getting the cam installed I got pulled over going 66 in a 40......construction zone. lol He let me off extremely easy.

That is rare for a dynojet to read lower. On Rhodeheavers mustang dyno I made 425rwhp stock and 518 after H/C and full bolt-on. Before the heads and ported intake I put it on a dynojet and it made 527. The main reason mustang dyno's normally read lower is because they are load bearing. Someone told me some dynojets are load bearing now though?
Back to top Go down
tkromer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
tkromer

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:26 pm

The newest of the new Dynojets are load bearing -- like 2010 and more recent.
Back to top Go down
BigEag205

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Ya, I'd like to say his was, but don't quote me. I do remember him saying there's many different variables he can put on the dyno to make it read differently and I want to think he was able to adjust the load. My buddy was gettin his done and at the end of the day he called me and had me come up n throw it on there for a and g's and to get a comparison between the cars. If I remember right, his read 6% lower. He has compared numbers between multiple dynos in the Tri-State and says he believes he's the most accurate...but what tuner wouldn't say that haha. He does know his stuff though, I've seen many cars hes built perform top notch at the tracks and has tuned 2 of my good friends cars.

Back to the topic of this dyno day, my cars already up for the season or I'd throw it on there for another comparison, but if you all get enough to run on it I'd be more than happy to tag along and meet everyone else
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 pm

I know what you mean. Every person I have talked to that has owned a dyno has told me how theirs was better than others.

Personally I like the one that reads the lowest. That way if I run slow times I can blame it on my low HP. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
BigEag205

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:33 pm

D-Rod wrote:
Personally I like the one that reads the lowest. That way if I run slow times I can blame it on my low HP. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Great minds think alike, haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day   FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FriendlyCarPeople Dyno Day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Engine/Transmission, including Transplants-
Jump to: