FCP HomeHomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hit and Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Hit and Run   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Well, sometime between the end of the game and this afternoon this happened

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Wow. I'm sorry that happened. Any leads as to who did it?
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:08 pm

ouch dang sorry... i had that happon to me at walmart and i went into walmart had them get the tapes for me so i could find the person that did it ... well i gave to the police and they caught the guy that did it and they made the kid pay for what he did to my truck .... Hope you findout who did this to your truck and give him a bash lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:20 pm

wow, i hate people like that.


304KustomZ of Morgantown, WV
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ZZperformance.com - facebook.com/304kustomz - G5club.net 
********2009 Pontiac G5 / 2004 Chevy Aveo / 2008 Tribeca********
 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 pm

No idea who did it, no other helpful information, just a big ol' dent and scrape on my truck. I called the Morgantown Police and all they were able to do was file a report stating what had happened. I'll be calling the local State Farm guy back in St Albans when he opens tomorrow.

i never want to see the person who did this, because im not sure what i would do to them. I know its not my show car, but i still try to keep it looking good. for as old as it is and 184,000 miles, it deserves better than some idiot ramming into it.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Man, that sucks. I hate to see that. At least the person that hit me told me about it! I would be totally pissed! Good luck man....gonna need it getting the repair. Luckily you have a police report to go against!


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:34 pm

That sucks. Hopefully they get what they deserve 10 fold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:08 am

the most curious thing for me is how do you run into it? its not like you can't see it.
Back to top Go down
SolSister
ScottHofferPhotography's Wife
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:40 am

Your uninsured motorists coverage should pay for it. Someone hit our old Jeep in the parking garage here at work and did a couple thousand in damage and we only had to pay a $100.00 deductible since we had the police report.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 am

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
That sucks. Hopefully they get what they deserve 10 fold.



i agree Scott hope they get it good something like this just maked you go [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
morganelyse802
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 am

did u do the jingle? 😆 i feel like id b so mad id just do it so i could laugh some hehe
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 pm

So I filed a police report, and I talked to the insurance agent, the uninsured motorist deductible is $250. I can fix it myself for less than that. so what is the point of having insurance if they aren't even going to fix something that i can do in a few minutes? no paint was scratched, just a dent that i can probably pull the inner door panel off and pop the dent out myself.

im going to start welding 1/4 inch steel all around my truck if this happens again.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Sounds to me like its not a point of having insurance, its a point of not having good enough insurance. Our deductible is 100.00 and thats pretty cheap when the unexpected happens.

250.00 seems like they want you to fix it yourself, and your insurance is for bigger things, but bigger things may total your truck that 250.00 damage... I would look into that.. cause your truck maybe totaled at 500-1000.00 damage, so be cautious of your deductible, or your just wasting your money. If your deductible is 250.00 and your truck can be totalled at a 1000.00, you might as well raise it to 500/1000.00 deductible since its not gonna help, which will make your insurance cheaper monthly but still satisfy the law.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
morganelyse802
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 pm

ok honestly i have heard u can use a plunger to pop out dents? ive never tried it but its worth a try. then u can just get touch up paint or a sticker and pop it over the scratch. u need one of those bandaid stickers lmao

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:57 pm

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
Sounds to me like its not a point of having insurance, its a point of not having good enough insurance. Our deductible is 100.00 and thats pretty cheap when the unexpected happens.

250.00 seems like they want you to fix it yourself, and your insurance is for bigger things, but bigger things may total your truck that 250.00 damage... I would look into that.. cause your truck maybe totaled at 500-1000.00 damage, so be cautious of your deductible, or your just wasting your money. If your deductible is 250.00 and your truck can be totalled at a 1000.00, you might as well raise it to 500/1000.00 deductible since its not gonna help, which will make your insurance cheaper monthly but still satisfy the law.

well this is the crap i get into with going 50/50 on the truck with my dad. we both own it, but he decides on the insurance. the truck is 18 years old and still drives like it's new. why can't people treat it like a new truck? ....im just ranting here. i need to go hit the punching bag at the gym
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm

91foxbody wrote:
ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
Sounds to me like its not a point of having insurance, its a point of not having good enough insurance. Our deductible is 100.00 and thats pretty cheap when the unexpected happens.

250.00 seems like they want you to fix it yourself, and your insurance is for bigger things, but bigger things may total your truck that 250.00 damage... I would look into that.. cause your truck maybe totaled at 500-1000.00 damage, so be cautious of your deductible, or your just wasting your money. If your deductible is 250.00 and your truck can be totalled at a 1000.00, you might as well raise it to 500/1000.00 deductible since its not gonna help, which will make your insurance cheaper monthly but still satisfy the law.

well this is the crap i get into with going 50/50 on the truck with my dad. we both own it, but he decides on the insurance.

Money is money though. Check into the insurance and see what dollar amount totals the truck. If its close to your current deductible, then just raise your deductible as high as you can to get your monthly insurance price down, because they have no intention of fixing your truck anyways in a wreck. Explain that to your dad and he may renegoitate that with them which will bring your part of the 50/50 cheaper and everyone likes money right? 👋
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 pm

That all still sucks. I know dealing in my situation, you get screwed regardless. At least they are going to fix mine without deductible. Now if I had turned it in to my insurance, I was going to have to pay 300 for our deductible. Insurance is the biggest waste of money there is! In my opinion!


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Member
Member
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 pm

dlinsbeck wrote:
That all still sucks. I know dealing in my situation, you get screwed regardless. At least they are going to fix mine without deductible. Now if I had turned it in to my insurance, I was going to have to pay 300 for our deductible. Insurance is the biggest waste of money there is! In my opinion!



Big waste of time an money i agree man i have had trouble with mine and another persons aswell and i hate how they act like its your fault when it wasnt
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Exactly, what's the point of giving them your money to put away for something like this, if they aren't even going to pay for it? seriously, if my deductible is $250 for this, and it costs less than $250 to fix it.....then what's the point? I have a police report, eye witness statements and pictures. I wash, wax, maintain my truck, why would they think that I did it? someone else did it, i shouldn't have to pay a penny for it!

They say "because no-one else was involved we don't know who caused it"
Me "What does it matter who caused it? I didn't do it, I shouldn't have to pay for it"

I want DUMB*** Insurance!!!!!! It was probably some drunk Jersey kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hit and Run   

Back to top Go down
 
Hit and Run
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: General Automotive Discussion-
Jump to: