Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual Empty
PostSubject: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Maybe d-rod already posted this but I didn't see it anywhere

By: Rob Einaudi
Posted On: 9/23/2011 2:46PM66Mope
First the new Porsche 911, now the next gen Vette. How soon til these start popping up in econoboxes? I'm still happy with 5 myself... Word also has it that Chevy will keep the pushrod V8 for the C7, but go with direct-injection and variable lift. Via Edmunds

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Anything to try and help fuel economy and EPA regulations. Still not a Vette fan here though, with the exception of the late '70s and early '80s and the '50s.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm

I havent heard about a 7 speed yet. There are so many rumors floating around about this car. For a while they were saying it was going to be a smaller displacement motor with a turbo.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:43 pm

smaller displacement with a turbo? What do you think about that?.... kinda think that will be a hard pill to swallow for some of the die hards :slaphead: .. though tuning options would go through the roof, kinda like the ss balts, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:14 pm

MotownG5 wrote:
smaller displacement with a turbo? What do you think about that?.... kinda think that will be a hard pill to swallow for some of the die hards [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .. though tuning options would go through the roof, kinda like the ss balts, right?

i know im digging up an old thread here, but im bored.

correct me if im wrong, but isn't the supercharged LS9 a smaller displacement engine than the LS7?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Yea the LS9 and LSA motors are supercharged 6.2 liters.

Unfortunatly you have to go FI if you want to hang with the big dawgs anymore. I am a fan of big N/A power but the value of my Z06 will go up if the LS7 is the last of the big ci motors. :)

Lets face it. When it comes to making big power with good street manners.....turbo is what everyone is switching to. Superchargers are on the way out even in the V8 world.

I heard the displacemet may be down in the 5.x. Either way I think Chevys goal is to continue to make the corvette compete with the other supercars out there. They had the crown for a while but now Lambo, Ferrari, Lexus, and Nissan barked back. I think in the past 6 months the new Lambo and the LFA passed the ZR1's record lap time at the Nurburgring.

I have a feeling the C7 ZR1 (If they call it that) is going to have a rediculous price tag. I hope not but if they try to get $150K for a corvette they are killing what it has become. People liked being able to buy an american car that beat about every supercar out there for 1/3 of the cost. I guess they are going to make alot of interior upgrades. My view on it....when I'm racing someone, it doesnt matter what my interior looks like. But I only care about performance when it comes to the car. Fancy stuff usually weighs the car down.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

D-Rod wrote:
it doesnt matter what my interior looks like. But I only care about performance when it comes to the car. Fancy stuff usually weighs the car down.

U should buy a lotus elise, they have a metal floor with no sound deadening or carpet. It would be right up your alley with 0 creature comforts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:49 pm

ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
it doesnt matter what my interior looks like. But I only care about performance when it comes to the car. Fancy stuff usually weighs the car down.

U should buy a lotus elise, they have a metal floor with no sound deadening or carpet. It would be right up your alley with 0 creature comforts.

I said I like performance! LOL
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

I seriously considered a Lotus Elise before I got the Mustang.......Just 2 problems..... I don't fit well in them (too tall) and there wasn't enough room for Blade......or Angela??? Just depends on which one wants to go for the ride! lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:59 pm

D-Rod wrote:
ScottHofferPhotography wrote:
D-Rod wrote:

I said I like performance! LOL

Throw it out of an airplane. If you have to jump, at least it doesnt have a roof.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual   2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2014 C7 Corvette to get 7-Speed Manual
Page 1 of 1