Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

Replaced the valve cover on the MR2. Empty
PostSubject: Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.   Replaced the valve cover on the MR2. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:41 pm

The valve cover gasket was leaking oil enough that it was building up on the cover and I could smell burning oil whenever I decelerated, so I figured it was time to change it.

Excuse the gross bay. I can't seem to ever keep it clean...

Before:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While I had the cover off, I cleaned it really well with steel wool and Brasso. I sanded the ribs to make it look a little nicer. I snap a picture later of it all back together now.

Just felt like sharing. It was a really easy job and I was really impressed with how clean it was inside. She just turned over 170k.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.   Replaced the valve cover on the MR2. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Wheres the after picture? Does look clean inside though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.   Replaced the valve cover on the MR2. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:14 pm

170K......she is just getting broken in. My first car was a '91 Celica. Sold it to a buddy with 245K on it and still ran great. Is yours a 2.2?
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.   Replaced the valve cover on the MR2. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Clean!! 😀 its pretty!!
Back to top Go down
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

PostSubject: Re: Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.   Replaced the valve cover on the MR2. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Yep mines the 2.2. My Solara (winter car) has the same motor in it too and it's ready to turn over 250k and it runs great as well.

I'll post a after picture when I get a chance...it's been raining all day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks Morgan! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.   Replaced the valve cover on the MR2. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replaced the valve cover on the MR2.
Page 1 of 1